webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

So what is the HE version?

Oh..sorry. HE version is 2.2.6.137.

I suggest you reboot your hub again, and let's watch logs. You may turn on minimum logging on one or more of those pistons that gave trouble so we see what they say.

I'm on 2.2.6.130, but I have not seen lost events.

This is actually a better, more stable build than the ST version. The ST version often would skip and/or delay actions being sent quite often, especially those with a timer on them. On HE pistons fire instantly and i have experienced no skips or delays.

The ST version always sent one of my custom devices 3 commands...every single time. On the HE version this doesn't happen at all.

Thank you for this port.

Today had same issues again with another piston. Others work normally. After my last post I did not have any problems. So it seems that every time HE is updated it causes webcore some minor hiccups. Yesterday updated my HE to latest version.
I'm not sure if it is my imagination but I swear I red somewhere that after update (was it HE or webcore) user should go to webcore settings and just press "done".
Could it be that HE update causes these kind of issues to webcore?

After an HE firmware update I usually let things settle for 30 minutes or so and then do another reboot. Things seem to be OK then.

So what do the logs show for the piston?

Did it receive the event? What does the event history show?

My experience is things are slow and an HE update. (cpu/db is busy, zwave network may not be settled).

That said if HE gets an event, it should deliver it (maybe slowly) to the apps that are subscribed.

The logs would help to understand did the device see the event, and did the piston receive the event. It is possible while system is down / restarting that events (from devices) are lost - in this case neither HE (and therefore) apps will process the event that occurred while the system was down or not fully up and running.

So I agree things need to settle after a restart, as the system is quite busy for 3-4 mins typically, immediately after a restart.

Piston did not receive an event. I did not have piston log on but "last executed" time was from yesterday and not from morning. Other piston which fired up minute after worked normally and received event from HE. After couple of hours that one malfunctioning piston worked normally.
At the morning device reported an event but it was never passed to webcore for some reason.
HE has been running normally and it was restarted yesterday when updated.

Is that "log piston executions?" setting something I should enable from HE under WC settings? At least it would be helpful to confirm if piston executes or not.

Piston logs are enabled in one of two ways:

• In webcore console, select the piston, change the "Logging level" setting (scroll down) it could be
    "minimal" or "medium" is fine (no need for full).

or

• In HE console Apps-> select your piston (will be under webcore parent) -> "Logging Level". again same "minimal" or "medium". And done/next your way out
1 Like

@nh.schottfam
Bit of a bug in WC I think.
I have been trying to delay execution of a Blink command as it needs 3-4 seconds between commands. I was having no luck until I spotted the trace maxing out at 1000 ms even though I have the piston set to 3000 ms.
Next time you update can you make the execution delay match the piston setting?

+66ms ║╔Execution stage started
+170ms ║║Injected command execution delay 1000ms after [Garage Cam].DisableMotionDetection(); lastPause: null
+1181ms ║║Executed [Garage Cam].DisableMotionDetection (1088ms)

for everyone to be aware, I showed how this parameter for sleep could be overridden to resolve this issue in his piston execution.

basically the nice / long run monitor was not viewing these short delays as a sleep, so after a period of time they started rate limiting piston execution.

webcore is now integrated with latest echo speaks and homebridge v2.

See note 1 in this thread or:

1 Like

Where should I be looking to resolve this?

I pushed an update

if you use HPM, do a repair on webcore, and let me know if that resolves it.

1 Like

I'm guessing that every update I will have to fix this code line or can you make it permanent?
My Blink cameras work great now that I can pause the mass enable/disables with 4000ms pauses.

Posted this in support but was told to post again here:

I've run into a weird issue where setting up timers in WebCore fire at the scheduled time, but don't execute any of the tasks. See the full explanation here: https://community.webcore.co/t/every-statement-not-executing-commands/19728/15

HOWEVER, someone there helped me discover that the issue is only with pistons created in the Hubitat version of WebCore. If they're created in a SmartThings version of WebCore and the imported into Hubitat's, they work. I've found the same thing.

Anyone else dealing with this? I believe I'm running the latest version of WebCoRE (0.3.113) and Hubitat (2.2.7.123)

There is a new version of webcore today, please try that.

You may need to pause/resume the piston (in webcore IDE) after updating.

2 Likes

That did it! (Version v1.0.33). Thank you for your quick work on this.

This is showing up in the logs of many of my pistons. I have not noticed it before. I do not see any devices missing within the pistons.
Screenshot_2021-05-30 webCoRE Dashboard

Not an error just notice it is reloading

Can happen after reboot

1 Like