webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Should have come back without issue, although I did see one message in my log about a token change when I first entered after the update. Might try a Repair out of HPM (assuming you installed from there - if not re-import the latest source for each of the child apps and webCoRE). Open a browser window for the System Logs, and then open another window to go into webCoRE.

Second question, how long have you had your hub running? If more than a day or two you may be pleasantly surprised that it is taking a nightly backup for you that might be able to be restored if necessary.

Sorry, was going to post the screenshot but I forgot to haha. It's attached below. It'll get to about 40 of 79 and then fail out. I am currently in process of opening each piston and checking to make sure auto backup is turned on.
I'll try a repair with HPM, and see if that helps.

Hub has been running for a while, and I take manual backups after any reasonable change. I figured since I updated Hubitat today it would be a good idea to have a fresh backup of Webcore as well. Yesterday I noticed this issue, but didn't have time to diagnose why it was happening.

Have you updated any pistons since your last backup? HE webcore update has a limit on the amount of data it can backup at one time. I have one piston, the biggest, that I always have to backup separately, because if I add it I hit that limit.

That may be a possibility here. I did add 1 new piston that I know of (possibly more) before backing up last. I opened all my pistons and ensured auto backup was enabled (it was). I also deleted 2 pistons that were in my paused folder that I am no longer using (I merged the functionality of these into another). After doing those things it allowed me to backup successfully again. The two deleted pistons were relatively small, but I may just be on the cusp of the size limit here.

Well it's working for me again, so it seems it was not an issue with the update itself like I was thinking initially. More a coincidence rather. I'll monitor my situation to see if this happens again.

This problem has been around for a long time (at least a year or more, maybe since the beginning)
It's not technically a bug in webCoRE but has to do with a size limitation on the Hubitat Hub.

I have experienced this problem off and on, more on, for awhile. I think webCoRE backs up pistons in blocks/chucks. If the chunk of pistons it grabs (don't know how many) is over a certain total size, the backup will fail with the message you gave. People can go a long time with no problem and after they edit or write more pistons, the blocks/chunks that webCoRE grabs is different and therefore can make the problem to show up out of nowhere making you think the problem is more recent. As a workaround try breaking your backup into multiple groups .

Anyone able to give any ideas why tiles will not show up? Posted above but no help so far.

Green screen shots here, more description a few posts above it.

webcore tiles do work (I use them all the time).

It is at the same as ST

• in the webcore IDE, you have to enable a category with tiles
    webcore IDE -> Settings (on left column)

You should see something like this:

Then for each piston that uses tiles you need to put that piston in the appropriate category (that has tiles enabled)

webcore IDE -> select a piston that uses tiles
and change the piston category

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.00.41 PM

Then they will show up in the IDE home page:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.02.03 PM

1 Like

Oof, I missed changing this piston category :confused: That you so much

New release posted Release Update January 23, 2021

• Further JVM optimzations
  • Fixes for IDE displays of various 'stays' triggers
    • correction of trace information for webCoRE IDE
    • updates of wording for 'stays' triggers to describe behavior better
  • updates for $sunrise, $sunset based on new HE apis
  • correction of incorrect types used for time parsing
  • use of new HE APIs for trace, exceptions (if running 2.2.4 or later HE firmware)
  • updates to webCoRE IDE (on staging.webcore.co) for dark mode theme selection
2 Likes

This writeup may be interesting for folks for use of 'stays unchanged' trigger or 'stays' triggers.

It also shows some of the updated dark mode IDE theme.

Hi, noticed, that paused pistons seem to still be consuming resources even if paused. Do I read this correctly?
Does that mean I should backup & delete pistons I do not use for a while?

My guess is that the triggers are still subscribed to their events and loading up enough to determine that the piston is paused. As far as do you backup and delete, if they are consuming a lot of resources it would be worth considering, if they aren't maybe not.

One option to consider would be to change the triggers to conditionals and add a comment to what the trigger actually was.

that load is about 0 if you look at the big picture of the stats you show....

In short, not a problem.

Note that the webcore main process has to get data from the pistons sometimes (because they exist). given your overall .7% load in your top report

I assume this piston was not always paused (the first one?)

I updated and popped over to staging to have a look at Dark Mode but can't seem to see it in Settings?
One thing I have always hated about WC, probably the only thing, is no colour adjustments for the IDE. When you trace something it is impossible to read the light grey line numbers on a white backgound. If someone would just change that one little thing to anything that would contrast with white. I'll take purple for God sakes :slight_smile:

On staging there is a new half-moon in the upper right:

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 6.33.31 PM

1 Like

Holly Crap!
It's like manna from heaven! That's high prasie from an Atheist :wink:
Thank you.

Hi, new here so I'm not sure this is the right place. If you would be so kind, what's wrong with this? Does absolutely nothing when run...

Webcore all up to date as per package manager.

Are you calling this piston from another?

Try doing it this way:

Is there a way to replicate this dark-mode code on my local pi?