webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

There is a setting under the piston

HE console -> Apps -> select your piston (under webcore)
"Max number of history logs". you can set it as high as 300 (it defaults to 50)

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you! I can't believe I didn't think to look there.

Hello,

I updated my Hubitat Webcore Main App and Hubitat Webcore Piston App today via the following:

"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore.src/webcore.groovy"

"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/smartapps/ady624/webcore-piston.src/webcore-piston.groovy"

These were both listed a updated today (January 22, 2021).

Since this update, I have problems with any piston that uses the command " Device Stays (Closed/Open/On/Off) for XX Time. I use this in a couple of Pistons. It seems that regardless of the state of the device, the Piston Triggers from this command after the time is reach. Interesting thing is there is nothing showing in the "Full Log".

Is there a method to revert back to the previous code? Or is this a known problem that will be fixed with an update in the near term?

Thanks,

John

Hi "Set Color mode" seems to be missing in Add a new task.

Would only be there if the device offers that capability/command. What device are you trying to use?

Do Tiles not work? I have several pistons I've copied from my former smartthings setup that use tiles, but the tiles do not show up. They don't show up even if I select to only show tiles and not details.

I moved over from ST and the install instructions here are not requiring Storage and Streams components for basic operation. PLayed with tiles in ST but don't use them here. Maybe they are tied in with the Storage optional app?

Tiles, work with just the required files to install. Post a green snapshot of the piston so we can check it out.

The tiles don't even show up on the wedcore dashboard.

I have updates WebCore but I get a version warning in the pistons.
Both RAW groovy shows 2 versions, the original and the HE version.
In the app info in HE itself I get:
Engine block
cV v0.3.110.20191009
hV v0.3.110.20210123_HE

This is probably where the warning is coming from so the cV is taking it's version from the wrong static string?
static String version(){ return 'v0.3.110.20191009' }
static String HEversion(){ return 'v0.3.110.20210123_HE' }
@john022662k

EDIT:
Warning seems to go away if you edit and save.
WARNING: Results may be unreliable because the parent app's version(v0.3.110.20210123_HE) is newer than the child app's version(v0.3.110.20201015_HE). Please update both apps to the same version.

Is the trash switch simulated? I see it has custom attributes.

Yes and no. They are virtual switches created and controlled by Google calendar integration. When trash or recycling is on my calendar for pick up, the integration turns the virtual switch on.

The error message suggests:

• you did not update the piston code
  • you did update the piston code but did not do it first (ie you did webcore.groovy first, then the piston).

You should be able to go into webcore and hit/done next your way out. (assuming the files are correct).

All I did was update WebCore through HPM.
Every time I look at a piston I'll just edit and save.

you should not have to edit the piston

just go into webcore and done/save your way out (HE console -> apps -> webcore)

HPM does not allow one to control install order vs. update order. it does them both the same which is troubling.

Yes it's looking like all my pistons have this warning at 9:00 am (when I updated) in the logs but it was probably a one-off and just needed to be cleared from each piston log.

This has been my experience when updating via HPM. I update manually now.

HPM updates webCoRE before updating any of the child apps (including Piston)

Couple of things

Hitting done in webcore (main app) should resolve that there are no more warnings.

You can clear all piston logs from webcore Main app

HE console -> Apps -> webcore -> settings -> Child Log Cleanups

If you don't see it, enable

HE console -> Apps -> webcore -> settings -> Logging Level to FULL

after you clear the logs, you can set it back to your normal logging level.

I updated to the latest version of Webcore yesterday via HPM. I noticed yesterday that I was unable to backup all my pistons (from left hand menu). I updated Hubitat this morning (new release it seems) and I am still having the issue. Before the latest Webcore update, everything seemed to work fine regarding backups of pistons. Is anyone else seeing this issue after updating Webcore?