webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Hi @nh.schottfam
I've just spotted this very, very, very minor bug.
I have a rule for my Hot Water that gets paused under certain conditions.
At the moment it is not paused and can clearly be seen in the dashboard list under the category I have assigned it.
When I look at the piston in the UI under the app list it shows it as paused. 3 times at the moment. This is because 'paused' gets copied into the piston name.
Any ideas why this could be happening and do you need any other information?

Do you know how recently this happened?

I recently fixed a bug on this (if you are running latest webcore). However you need to edit this piston and fix its name to what you want to clear up the previous crud.

If you see this happen again (once on latest release and fixing it), let me know as that would suggest I still have a bug...

No Data was returned

NEVERMIND -- User error - had lat & long in the first entry... Working now!

Thanks!

1 Like

I'm pretty sure it was OK earlier today but I'll refresh everything (do a repair of WC through HPM), edit the piston title and see what happens.
I'll let you know.
Thanks.

EDIT:
Something funny is afoot.
When this piston runs it pauses the rule as shown.

Summary

Looking at the piston that is supposed to be paused, it is still running but it does show as paused.
Here is the piston that should be paused but is still running.

Summary

Here you can see it is showing as paused in the piston title.

Summary

The only thing of note is the piston that is to be paused has a timer running.

Here's the app version BTW.
static String HEversion(){ return "v0.3.110.20201015_HE" }

EDIT #2:
I have 12 other pistons that get paused for different reasons and none of these are displaying these symptoms.
Maybe I need to delete and re-write.
Before I do that to see if it cures the problem, do you need anything else?
EDIT 3. Deleted and rewrote the piston that does not pause. Still not pausing.

Trying to pass a list of devices to a piston to control them but it only seems to work for 1 device. Anyone got this working without using global variables?

It would be good to see logs to better understand 'not pausing'. Can do here or private message. Would be good to see the piston also.

It would be good to post your piston.

The webcore forum (community.webcore.co) may be a good place as there are a lot of smart eyes there. They will also want to see logs. (I do read over there also incase there is a bug in HE webcore).

1 Like

I posted it on the webcore forum, thanks

I can't get the datetime() function to work. No matter what string I pass in, it always returns 0.

datetime("11:00 PM")
datetime("11:00:00 PM")
datetime("2020-10-31T11:00:00 PM")

All return 0.

EDIT: The following strings work properly:

datetime("23:00")
datetime("2020-10-31T23:00:00-04:00")

The function seems to no longer work with 12 hour formats.

Thanks for the report

I have pushed an update if you want to give it a try. I have not updated HPM yet.

I have a problem controlling the volume of an Aeotec Siren 6 through webcore. If I set the volume directly for the device using the hubitat app it works fine however when I try and set it through webcore it is ignored.

Perhaps if you showed an example of what you are doing someone might see something that is wrong.

I'm using the webcore option of "Set Volume to" and defining a value between 0 and a 100. If I set the value to 0 I would expect no sound from the siren but it stays at the previous value set in the device configuration from within hubitat. If I change the value to zero in the actual device configuration in hubitat I can confirm there is no sound. Likewise if I set it to 5 then it is very low volume. However when setting via webcore it just does not change the volume from what is already set via the device config within hubitat. So if the device config in hubitat was previously set at 100 and I set it to 0 from webcore the volume stays at 100. Likewise if the device was set to 0 in the device config and I use webcore to change that to 100 the change does not occur and it will stay at 0.
After a bit more investigating it seems that the first time the piston is executed it doesn't change the volume but the next time it gets executed the volume change works. That is unless a different piston runs in the mean time and changes it yet again. So the change isn't instant. I've tried adding a delay but that doesn't help.

can you post the piston and full logs of the piston executing?

I haven't got a siren so cannot really comment on these devices specifically but with my Google Home devices, to get them to set the volume correctly in webCoRE I have to put in an initialize() first, wait 1 second then change volume.
I'm not saying this would work with a siren but it might be worth a try to see if this helps.
Good luck.

Unfortunately there is no initialization option.
This is an example test piston. I'll send logs tomorrow. Kids are in bed and don't want to wake them.

I agree you might put in a delay between the commands if the device needs time to process them

You can set this for the entire piston under 'settings'. (may have to display them under 'options')
command execution delay is the parameter.

I cannot find this option anywhere. Please can you tell me exactly how to find that setting.
Thanks

EDIT:
Found it

1 Like

A delay doesn't help.

Open your live logging and compare what you get when you set the volume from the HE control panel and from webcore.