webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Not sure that would work...

On new installs, you have to install webcore main app first, then the child apps.

On updates, you want to update the children, then webcore main (so it can coordinate the 'everybody lets operate new mode')

I have updated them in development in both orders, so I'm surprised and sorry folks had trouble in the past. The most recent discussion seems to be on the warning message if a piston runs during the update, but it is designed to work properly even on minor version differences.

In the future if folks hit something that they think they need to delete and re-install, please let me know as that should never be required. (your may want to re-load the programs, but you never should need to delete).

As always, taking HE backups and storing them off the hub is good practice.

I think originally I didn't realise the HE backup also backed up all the webcore pistons but now that I do when the next webcore update is available in HPM I will try again and see if it still breaks things. I can then maybe get you some logs to look at. I used to be a systems engineer in charge of disaster recovery for a company so I learnt early on the importance of regular backups so always make sure I have regular backups at hand.

Is anybody using the 'built in' $weather variable in webCoRE?
If so, how are you using it.
I am currently using it with a custom driver and getting the info I require but was wondering if I could use it within WC to get things like illuminance, temp, humidity etc.

You can see the weather data format by

• make sure you installed the webCoRE storage app (it gathers and updates the $weather variable)
  • setup the webcore main app to enable weather and your source and key, and done your way out.
  • Go to the webcore storage app (HE console -> apps -> select the webcore storage app) and click on "dump weather structure" - this will let you see what you have to work with based on your source
  • In your piston, that is accessed via $weather... (of what you see in the dump).

The different sources for weather have different data, formats/spelling of variables, so hence you need to see the dump.

There are many example weather pistons in the webCoRE forum (most of these are for $twc as a source which ST uses (which is a paid service, so not on HE), but these examples can help you start with something and then adjust the data reference).

The storage app does attempt to add icon references to the weather data as well as a $weather.weatherType variable to give you the source setting into the piston.

I just added OpenWeather, but I have not adjusted my pistons to that format yet.

Another note - many times weather data has times embedded as integer numbers (these could be seconds since epoch, or milliseconds since epoch). HE webcore can make these time or datetime directly (ie dateTime(value)) vs. all the gyrations you may see in ST pistons to fix time as numbers...

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt and comprehensive reply.
I'll give it a go.
Thanks again.

Hhmmm.
I cannot see the storage app listed in either the Apps page or when I look under 'Add User App'.

make sure you installed webcore-storage.groovy as apps code.

It is part of the git and instructions in note 1 of this thread. if you used HPM is should have been installed there

HE console -> Apps Code

Yes. I have it installed and it is updated via HPM.

Can someone help me with this logic? I haven't been able to format it quite. A simple piston that checks if I arrived RECENTLY AND when I open my garage door AND when it's between a certain time. The idea is that I want to turn on the lights if I arrive home in the evening. But in order to do so, I have to check if I am PRESENT but was recently NOT PRESENT.

if User's presence was not present for less than 4 minutes
and
Garage Entry's Doors contact changes to open
and
User's presence is present

It's the top line that I am having trouble with... I want to know if I was recently NOT present. Changing "less than" to "at least" also does not seem to work. I'm not sure of the logic webcore uses.

I do that exact thing.

The way to do it is with variables.

if User's presence changes to present

then record the current time.

if Garage Entry's Doors contact changes to open

... and it's within 4 minutes of the time you recorded, turn the lights on.

EDIT: Here's the piston I use.

1 Like

Thank you! Why didn't I think of this?? Lol

Does anybody have any issues with the WebCore time functions? For example:

time("11:00:00 PM")

That should return today's date at 11PM in the local time zone. On SmartThings, it did; but on Hubitat, it seems to return 11PM GMT, ignoring the fact that my local time zone is 4 hours behind, and it gives me 7PM in my local time zone.

Edit: It might be a different issue, because

time("10:00:00 PM")

also returns 7PM.

Edit2: I think I figured it out -- the time() function doesn't accept seconds:

time("11:00 PM")
time("11:10 PM")
time("23:00")

all return the correct values.

This is a difference from the SmartThings version, which accepted seconds; and the datetime() function in HE WebCore, which also accepts seconds.

hi all what the best way to make sure i am up to date in webcore i am new to he thanks

I noticed on thing in HPM I did not see addon for weather for webcore

I'm not sure what you mean but is this what you are after?

i see the update for the charts but not weather

Hi all. I hope this is the correct thread to post general Webcore on Hubitat questions. If it isn't, please point me to the right thread.

I'm a longtime Webcore on ST user who just switched over to HE. I am having an issue with some pistons not sending notifications, but other pistons do. The pistons that do work seems to work nearly every time; the ones that do not work never work.

I have attached an example of one piston that does not send notifications, and two that do. Can you see anything wrong in the piston, or suggest any other fixes please?

Thanks.

Broken

Working #1

Working #2

Is there anything in either the HE logs or the webcore IDE logs about the execution of the not working piston?

You can ask questions here or in the webcore forum. Having webCoRE ide logs set to full for the piston not working may help see the issue.

My webcore triggers are 1 hour late. How do I adjust the time that webcore uses?

What does your Current Hub time say under HE Settings>Hub Details?