webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Is this thread no longer a source for when the app(s) are updated? Header of the thread says the current release is July 26th and there have been numerous updates since. I've been using Package Manager for awhile but am going to stop using it for updating webCoRE. Why? Because it is loading webCoRE apps out of order and causing many, many, many.... errors in the log. YES, I know the errors are temporary but what a friggin mess.

Screenshot 2020-09-18 08.01.32

I'm going to continue using HPM as it is so easy to do.
So a 'one off' warning appears in the log. So what. It has no impact on the functioning of webCoRE or any pistons.
To call it a 'friggin mess' is a bit strong IMO.
Choice is good though.

In package manager I cannot control the order of file updates.

I will update note 1, my mistake on that. Package manager did have an update of the fixes in the release notes.

That error should have cleared itself once both files were updated. Did this not happen?

WebCoRE did run the piston, ie the warning does not stop execution of automations

The errors stopped after both files were updated but in the mean time in generated over a 160 error messages. If this thread gets updated when a release update comes out that will be great. Thank You.

Understood. Unfortunately I cannot control multi-file updates order in HPM.

If it does occur the current version of the webcore app will let you clear logs for all pistons from 1 place (see note 1)

I've been looking but cannot seem to find it.
Post 1?

I noticed that you added that option. Thank you for that. That saves a lot of time clearing out each piston. It still splatters the hub log, which I also understand is out of your control. I am trying to figure out a way of getting webCoRE out of package manager but it appears the only way is to uninstall the webCoRE app. Having over a 100 pistons and numerous hooks into webCoRE endpoints thats not a viable option for me. I did notice an option in the webCoRE app to disable ALL pistons so maybe if that is done prior to updating it will prevent all those errors.

This one?

1 Like

To get out of HPM, uninstall HPM and re-install it.

Then have it re-match, but do not match webcore

2 Likes

yes, that works, and if have debug logging enabled on the webcore app, it shows you another even bigger cleanup / reset of state.

I've obviously got something wrong or I am missing something but I don't see that option to clear up child logs.
All I have under recovery is remove webCoRE.

Oh, strange indeed. I'm away so can't look at mobile view.

Edit: I'm on v0.3.110 for reference

I just updated via HPM so I know I'm on the latest build.
I have an instance on each of my 2 hubs and both have this option missing.
Cannot see anything in the settings to enable it.
I have logging set to none in the main app.
Is yours the same?

That's it.
Logging needs to be on in the main app settings.

I have Logging to none in main app and I don't use HPM for WC update

I update Webcore manually because HPM always installs in the wrong order which for some reason for me is catastrophic, it totally kills webcore. I have to remove and re-install webcore and then restore ALL my pistons which obviously is a pain in the back side. I use HPM to notify me of updates for webcore but after I've manually updated I have to re-install HPM to get the package versions back in sync. It is a bit of a nuisance but at least I get alerted to any updates.

Strange.
I'm not getting this which doesn't mean you are not.
If I was experiencing the same, trust me, I'd be pxssed as well.
I'm not sure what to say but I hope you can get round it somehow.

I can live with the manual updating/re-installing HPM procedure to be honest. It only takes 5 minutes or so. It would be good though if there was a way for HPM to force the order of updates or even just a way to re-flag a package as the current version like you can when initially configuring it.

1 Like

I hear what you are saying and I agree it would be good to specify the order of installing the packages.

Just had a thought. Could each webcore app/component be separated so that each app was an individual package in HPM rather than all bundled together as one? That way I could select to just install the piston app first and deselect the webcore app. Once the piston app had been updated go back and select the webcore app.