webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

what the code thinks happened is it called app.getSunriseAndSunset() and did not get a response ...

So you could try to reboot, and ensure you timezone and location are correct before rebooting...

I have not seen this error much, but that is what the code had happen to print the message.

1 Like

I haven't been able to update Webcore for a couple of months now. Current version 1.0.87 HPM downloads version 1.0.93 but fails on the install producing this message.

Several post about this, here is one.

1 Like

Mine is working perfect on 1.0.87, so I think I will wait to see how everything plays out before jumping to another instance.

Same thing again. Pulling my hair out here...

I suggest:

1 Like

In the end, I needed to rollback the hub.

Odd.

@nh.schottfam - I noticed a new webCoRE update (1.0.94) in HPM, but there's no description on what changed. Can you provide details?
Thanks!

1 Like

I get the following :-
1.0.94 - update for cloud gzip responses, updates to json logging, IDE improvement for timers, optimizations

I’ve not tried an update, as assume it still doesn’t work via HPM

Here are the recent updates:

SHOULD REBOOT HUB, wait few mins, then update webCoRE. HPM has had problems hanging on new HE firmware releases...may need to update files manually

If you update manually, update starting with piston file, fuel stream, any devices, and finish with the webcore main app.

• 1.0.94 - update for cloud gzip responses, updates to json logging, IDE improvement for timers, optimizations
  • 1.0.93 - another time handling fix, and optimization, bug fixes
  • 1.0.92 - update time handling for compler issue
  • 1.0.91 - update time handling with sunrise/sunset
  • 1.0.90 - update IDE operations during edit with variables
  • 1.0.89 - Fix for hsmAlert events, cleanup azimuth and altitude sun calculations
  • 1.0.88 - Fix for graph current value, fix for graph setting for http vs https, new location events lowMemory and cloudBackup, fixed marking of global variables in use, added altitude and azimuth to weather data, UI modules updates
  • 1.0.87 - DST updates, graph tile fixes
  • 1.0.86 - fix roundtominutes
  • 1.0.85 - update sunrise, sunset
  • 1.0.84 - update switch statement subscription display
  • 1.0.83 - add asin, sin, cos function, update to allow piston setting custom timezone for sunrise/sunset

You may have to update manually.

I have been in discussions with @gopher.ny . The compile of the files happens pretty quickly. It appears there is post processing done to apply the updated files to the running applications, and that is what seems to take a long time. Victor has said he will look into it

1 Like

I feel like a traitor since I moved to the HE embedded version; I miss the instant updates and testing of the fixes I ask for from @ipaterson and @nh.schottfam , great guys.
I don't seem to see a correlation between the HE version and the user app version.
How can I tell how far behind HE is?
I do use staging.webcore so at least the UI is current albeit in test.

If you go into webcore main app, it will show you what you have:

HE console -> apps -> webcore

Have you noticed any difference? I haven't installed the embedded version yet, even though I can apparently access my old pistons through it. Do I need to "transfer" them over in any way? I kinda like accessing them through the browser. Still not sure whether to change over or not.

The difference in versions is typically only a month or two max.

You do not need to convert either to built in, or to user install in general. The built in version is typically is updated quickly. I usually request this a couple weeks after user install is updated.

If I convert to built-in, what are the different ways to access the pistons? (urls, etc...)

Does the app have an easy way to download backup bin codes and such? I haven't done that in awhile because it's tedious.

Do you know is there anything that HE people are trying to do for the update issue? I think it's weird that issue like this has not been solved and in the last 6 or more months none of the updates goes through.

2 Likes

The issue is primarily the code size combined with the way that the platform “compiles” the code when it is saved. Neither of these is a simple change, and technically the ability to utilize HPM to help manage the community’s code installs is non-standard (the manual code import is the supported standard).

Given these factors I wouldn’t be looking for a quick fix in the near future. Your best bet, if you don’t want to manually update, is to migrate your pistons to the built-in edition.

1 Like

Just updated to the latest version here. I use tasker for communication between our phones and webcore. After updating I'm getting errors when I send a message from tasker to any of my pistons locally.

java.io.ioexception:gzip finished without exhausting source.

Can't say I have any clue what this means. Seems like the piston is still executing correctly it's just tasker that's throwing up an error. I can ignore the error in tasker so no big deal but wanted to check if this error is normal or if tasker is unable to handle the new gzip replies.

Thanks

1 Like

The version numbers baffle me.

Apparently I have 1.093 installed. But I don't see how this is relevant to 0.3.114.

I updated today and am now seeing the following error in my pistons that are using the trigger: stays unchanged

Error calling comparison comp_stays_unchanged:groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static user_app_ady624_webCoRE_Piston_453.comp_changes() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, null, null, java.util.LinkedHashMap, null) values: [[ffTo:-9, running:false, logging:0, pep:false, cache:[c:3:false, ...], ...], ...]