webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Sure, thanks a lot! I think I can use your idea. Since I'm on a rented apartment, I doubt I could install an RFID, but since I have an August smart lock, I can think of a workaround. Btw, the issue that I'm having right now is that the pistons for some reason are not able to set the HSM status at all. I can "read" the current status for the HSM but can't use any command like Arm or Disarm. I'm still wondering if it's an actual bug or if it's due to the recent updates we've been receiving. I don't know.

Here's an snapshot of the most basic manual piston of all, and it fails.

I have posted an update that should fix the HSM issues. Please update.

2 Likes

There was a recent update to match webCoRE server version numbers, if you updated recently, please update again.

Also note that the import URLs are filled in for the webCoRE apps to make groovy updates easier.

FYI, unless something changed recently, the importURL attribute only applies to drivers. For apps, Hubitat saves the last URL you typed or pasted in to the import field in the admin UI yourself--so that's definitely what I'd recommend doing (rather than copying and pasting the app code itself) to make it easier. (Now if only there was a way to mass import multiple at a time...)

1 Like

That would be such a great option.. especially as some apps have maybe a dozen + associated child apps / device drivers. It’s not user friendly currently.

Just wanted to report that with the new release of Hubitat 2.1.4 you can pass variables back and forth between RM and webCoRE. Variables are setup in RM by creating a Global Variable and assigning it a connector. This will create a new device on the hub called "Rule Machine Connectors" and in that device there will be a child device containing the name of the Global Variable you created in RM.

This is a great way to be able to run the two rules engines and give them a way to communicate. Plus you can change these variables through the Hubitat dashboard. Very cool!

4 Likes

Updated release to improve device optimizations - please update.

2 Likes

Just curious on what webcore has that the current version of RM cannot do to take a risk with potential issues?

webCoRE has a higher abilities when it comes to math functions, especially when it comes to expressions and string manipulations. RM can do some math but from what I've read its pretty basic.

WebCore allows me to program multiple Lutron Pico remotes at the same time.

I just got my Hubitat, so maybe I'm missing something but it seems like in Rule Manager (and Button Controllers) it's not possible to select multiple remotes in the "Select Button Device" field.

That is correct. But read through all the info on WebCoRE before moving all your automations to WebCoRE. It was not designed for use on Hubitat but instead for use on a cloud solution with next to unlimited computing power. There have been improvements but it still is not as stable as Rule Machine.

I'm getting an the following error when logging into dashboard.webcore.co.

"There was a problem loading the dashboard data. The data shown below may be outdated; please log out if this problem persists."

Any ideas as to what's wrong? I followed the installation directions at the top of the thread.

I love the "stays" functionality of webcore. You can have a rule run if motion "stays" on or off for a time period.

You can do this with Rule Machine too; you just have to frame the issue differently. You want a "changed" trigger and (at least) an IF/ELSE that checks for one condition (e.g., motion active). That part is pretty much the same except you have to get the "stays," which is done with a Delay in RM, generally a "Cancel Delayed Actions" in the IF and a Delay subject to cancelation in the ELSE, or vice versa. Actually, this is pretty much the same as WebCoRE, too: it's just an explicit manifestation of the Task Cancelation Policy WebCoRE has enabled by default. :slight_smile:

Yeah, still gonna say I like the WebCoRE version better :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to do another beta for a new release. If you are interested please send me a private message.

New features are another round of performance improvements. I'm seeing another 30-70% improvement in performance.

Is there anything going on? I am unable to load any of my pistons in Hubitat?
1)Rebooted the hub.
2)Checked for any updates.
3)Updated the Webcore and piston code.
4)Rebooted and still unable to load any of my pistons to modify.

It's been almost 2 weeks since last update, any word on the new beta / release since then?

We are in beta, if you are interested send a PM and I can point you to the kit.

I'm looking at obtaining a second hub, I may test out webcore / beta on the second one once I get it.