webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Do you mind explaining what you did? I can’t seem to get mine to update so I just gave up.

Hi I will try to explain what I did. Maybe not the most straight forward way, but at least it worked for me.

1. I created a copy of my current SD Card.
  2. Login via SSH to your Raspberry Pi
  3. Now you can update your existing repo (which didn't work for me) from your home folder
    -> cd ..
    -> git pull https://github.com/imnotbob/webCoRE
    or rename the existing webCoRE folder and clone the current repo from git hub again.
    -> cd ..
    -> git mv "webCoRE" "webCoREbkp
    -> git clone https://github.com/imnotbob/webCoRE
    -> cd webCoRE
    -> git checkout hubitat-patches
    -> cd dashboard
    -> sudo ln -s pwd/var/webcore

I found this a year ago in another post. After that I tried a git pull and it seems to work now as well.
After that I rebooted the hub and the Raspberry Pi and all works fine.

Just a note, I had to set some config variables with my email address and GitHub username to be able to clone/pull the repo.

As I said, I'm by far not an expert but I got it to work. If someone feels to correct any of my steps, please feel free to jump in.

Hope that helps

Thanks! Will try this over the weekend.

OK, was able to do it via git pull once I set my config variables as you suggested. Here is what I did:

git config --global user.name "Your Name"
git config --global user.email "youremail@yourdomain.com"

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Hi,

I'm seeing a problem in the latest version where editing a custom command doesn't work properly. For example, here's a snippet from a piston that uses the Rachio Community integration (not the built in one):

If I click on "standbyOn()", the editor dialog opens with "Nothing selected".

Are you using staging, or dashboard?

Have you tried these steps?

What options are there to select for that device?

ie the down arrow next to Do... Nothing selected?

Forgot to mention that I tried every server: my local one, the cloud server, and staging. Same behavior on each. I had never registered my browser with either of the cloud servers, so in both of those cases, it was logged out before I started.

All the options are there as expected. It just gets the initial selection wrong.

This seems to be a first-time thing. If I change it to exactly what it was before and click save, the editor works properly the next time I open it.

If you see it again, let @ipaterson and myself know.

I didn't mean that it happened only once. I meant it happens the first time I try to edit an existing line of code in a piston.

If I open the editor (which shows "Nothing selected"), change it to what was supposed to be selected, and click Save, from then on, editing that same line of code works properly.

Tagging @ipaterson

I’ll try that out today if it can be installed as a virtual device, thanks for reporting.

I don't think it can, but you can write a stub custom driver that has a custom command. It happens with any custom command.

You did do the logout step requested above?

After you logout, go into webcore -> Settings -> Select devices, and done your way out

Then register/login again.

I had never before logged in to staging. There was nothing to log out from.

I have a fix for editing custom commands in pistons created before the recent smart app updates on https://staging.webcore.co in case anyone else is affected. Going to do more testing before releasing that change though.

2 Likes

I have the integration installed and it appears to be working. I check the logs and I keep getting this message. Any ideas on what needs to change?

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:28.952 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet is restarting...

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:28.946 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: receive error: Stream is closed

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:18.902 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet is restarting...

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:18.896 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: receive error: Stream is closed

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:08.844 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet is restarting...

app:10512023-02-11 11:09:08.838 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: receive error: Stream is closed

app:10512023-02-11 11:08:58.784 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: Telnet is restarting...

app:10512023-02-11 11:08:58.777 AMerrorEnvisalink Integration: Connection Driver: telnetStatus- error: receive error: Stream is closed

I don't think this is related to webcore, but some about that app/integration and its configuration.

I get this all the time, It's in the Envisalink code.
I commented one line out but can't find the other.

Hello

2 things:

1. I am not able to open dashboard in Webcore - nothing is happening when I click it. It worked yestreday. Possibly it is caused because of the update of the hub today?

2. Is it possible to check "Last Activity At" of the device in Webcore? How?

1 Like

checkout

1 Like

I'm having this problem too. Clicking on the Open Dashboard only gets the button to detent and return when mouse is unclicked.
I've reboot the hub, etc... Nothing.
I can goto register browser & follow the instructions (goto the website) & enter the token code that's valid for 3 min....I can then get into my dash board.
Did WebCore change their security settings?

1 Like