webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

The service side changes are put into the webcore servers by the webcore team.

They have been very helpful to me throughout my updates.

1 Like

Request for testing.

the webCoRE folks have posted the patch for HE on staging.webcore.co

This is a request for HE folks using webcore to try out staging and report if any issues are found. This is the next step in the main webcore servers being updated with HE support.

thx

Hub keeps breaking daily now. I turned off often-run pistons; will see if that improves anything. So far, this is the second day when WC basically loses all the devices - I open any piston and instead of the device name it shows its :code:. Naturally nothing runs. Need to restore the whole hub backup to get it back up and running.

Does the issue happen on staging.webcore.co, or dashboard.webcore.co or both?

Any error messages in the Logs in the HE dashboard?

If you want to move to private message to limit data exposure, we can do that.

Also what FW level is your HE hub, and what version of webCoRE are you running?

I am yet to figure it out... It definitely happened in the dashboard/webcore/co, as I only learned about staging tonight. However I don't think that crap-out happened due to the dashboard. I just noticed that one piston got stuck, thinking that one of the switch is on, while everything in the hub was showing it as off. When I went to inspect other pistons, they all were showing device codes instead of names.
I turned off some of the pistons that were running on a 1/5 minute intervals - probably were thrashing the hub, and in case of any memory leaks, were quite detrimental and see if it happens again tomorrow. Nothing was in the logs, at least as far as I could tell.
It's the latest hub version (updated last night) and May'31 webcore, as I only migrated from ST to HE last Sunday.

This sounds vaguely familiar to this.

Have you checked the hub itself? I’ve been running WC for months now with very few issues.

Hi, regarding this. I think there’s an issue here in the UK with this. We use postcode which has a space, but is this using the code in the Hubs location and mode settings? Pretty sure apixu doesn’t like the space.

Eg. Postcodes are AB1 2CD
Not like 90201 etc.

I put mine in without the space in WC, but it still threw errors. I removed the postcode from locations and modes and now appears ok.

Any way to change it so that it doesn’t take the postcode from the location settings, and just uses the postcode in WC settings?

Cheers

updated
Ok may appear a mute point as HE won’t allow me to put my postcode back in anyway (to reproduce the issue). States it’s invalid which it’s not, so I’ve left it blank.

sometimes a postal code with a space can be entered using %20 syntax ?

abc def may be abc%20def

1 Like

The webCoRE team has updated the webCoRE servers with the changes for HE !!

so there is no requirement to use staging for some functions.

3 Likes

interestingly enough, while staging opens fine, dashboard.webcore.co keeps spinning and never loads.

Couple of things I have seen

• sometimes you need to logout and back in again
  • sometimes you need to clear your browser cache
  • My HE had hung and needed a reboot.

I just went in so I think the dashboard servers are fine.

Is anyone else having issues with the new version? I have tried installing twice and I can't create a blank piston, or import any pistons...my older version is functioning fine.

Is there any information in Hubitat Console -> Logs ?

If you want to send a private message, it would be good to see some screen shots of what you are seeing / not seeing.

I sent the logs via PM - thanks!

I have a question born of genuine curiosity. This is not to put down WebCoRE in any way. With RM 4.0 now out, what is it that WebCoRE can do that RM can't?

1 Like

One thing I love. Importing Pistons I already have, and reusing them by just updating which device triggers the piston. Not to mention restoring a piston if I delete it. (I keep a list for that).

Also way back (not sure if this has changed) I had to have 17 RM commands for my radio URLs to stream to various speakers. Then needed around 30 rules based on what happened when one switch was used to trigger any stream.

In webCoRE, I had 3 pistons, it did the lot.

Also using on events and case for button pistons, just a single piston for my Remotec Scene controller.

Not saying RM cant do these things, but for me (at least) I just find it way easier.

2 Likes

Another thing is at least I think webcore can recieve a post call and then process the data.

Parse JSON data from a webcall to or response to HE.

I like the IDE and logs, much easier to get what is going on, where time is spent.

I expect RM to continue to be a 'moving target" for a while, so folks will be in for a regular churn.

1 Like

RM is not there yet.
For me it's about creature comfort and convenience of programming it.
Local vars are awesome - hubitat staff keeps saying, "rules are free" - well it's not about being free, but about how I think about a piece of code.
Passing parameters to pistons make code much more convenient.
Structures like "if something stays on for X mins" are great.

It's just the overall user experience and is still way ahead of what RM offers.
I would agree, RM4 is a huge step forward in getting closer to the way I think about the logic of events,.