webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Thanks for posting your update. Glad to hear I am not alone.

I have updated webcore again. I won't be home much all weekend so I won't be able to monitor if that has fixed it or not, but I will post an update once I figure out if it is working or not again.

Thanks for pushing the update @nh.schottfam

I had an issue with subscription that took me a couple days to track down. My garage door was acting funny and the bedroom lamp kept turning on in the middle of the night, motion triggered by cats in my office. Not fun. Anyway, I ran a repair using HPM and that seemed to smooth things out.

Edited to add: It's very possible that I could have run the repair after the fix was pushed.

1 Like

I noticed issues too. I updated via HPM and paused/resumed the pistons having issues. So far, so good... Will continue to test.

1 Like

I monitored this today and I didn't witness any misfires. I'd like to give it one more full day of observation but so far so good.

1 Like

This looks to be working well again for me too. All lights came on when expected this evening, and many turned off just fine tonight. I also updated Hubitat to version 120 (latest) today, so I assume that may have helped as well.

Thanks for the support! Always great when there is a quick fix from the community!

Here is my shell script. I install a few files to /tmp and copy them over for static ip, etc. Have tried a few different installs. Not sure if there is a better way to install this. Some commands might not work, uncomment install git/apache as needed.

install_apache_webcore_pi_lite

I can't get the local version to render my device list. I am still running this from the cloud url until I figure it out.

It looks like you are not using the repo from note 1 in this thread. A lot of things are not likely to work correctly.

1 Like

jodie foster ok GIF

2 days, no issues. I consider the global variable problem a done deal. Thanks for your lightning quick resolution, even if it took me a week to get the symptoms to you :grinning:

I reinstalled from the latest repo, I see the style changes but still no devices on the local instance. I'm almost sure it's OAuth not setup right. Is it required to add the ClientId, Secret from the installation instructions here to the local build or hubitat config?

You do realize you are posting the setup that is in SmartThings IDE?

1 Like

Those are the instruction directly from the Wiki here:https://wiki.webcore.co/#GitHub_Installation_.28preferred_method.29 I was under the assumption that those were needed to sync with the cloud <-> local hubitat?

Just a quick couple of questions that I may have missed further up the thread.
Have you installed webCoRE on HE?
Have you oAuth'd the main app?
Sorry if these are dumb questions but thought I would start with the basics.

Summary

I'm sorry, I cross posted to this thread.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/webcore-and-hubitat/85589/6?u=c33jd13s3l

Yea I have WebCore running local but only my global params show up. I am try to debug the device list missing when I install locally and refresh the auth token in hubitat to run local instance, still not seeing devices locally but I see them on the webcore cloud dashboard.

You should clear your browser caches.

You should also enable full debugging for the webcore main app and see if anything shows up in the logs.

The IDE loads devices from the HE system. There is no cloud functions, it is all HE system -> your webbrowser

2 Likes

Thank you @nh.schottfam that worked. I have pihole and webcore local running together on a single pi zero w and no eth0. Still very responsive.. gonna upgrade it to zero 2 w this week. Let me know anyone wants the install scripts, again it is on pi zero 1st gen, raspbian-lite,

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: me! :raising_hand_man:

Me too!

Here are my current scripts.. this is hardcoded to 0.214.. change the static IP to whatever you want. I copy the files over with WinSCP so you would have to add the ssh commands as needed. I also leave a few files owned by www- so it's certainly not secure.

Here is the code to write dhcpcd.config after first install, ssh and supplicant are installed, then dhcpcd hardcode the IP with your input.

"sudo chown pi:root /tmp/dhcpcd.conf",
"sudo chown pi:root /etc/dhcpcd.conf",
"cd /tmp",
"sudo mv -f dhcpcd.conf /etc/",
"sudo chown root:root /etc/dhcpcd.conf",
"sudo reboot"

@nh.schottfam

I found a regression in the latest webCoRE update that I installed a couple of days ago (with the fixes for stays): it treats device number variables as strings instead of numbers, so date/time functions fail.

Use this sample driver:

metadata {
 	definition (name: "DateTime bug sample driver", namespace: "test", author: "Daniel Segall") {
        capability "Initialize"
        capability "Refresh"
        attribute "time","number"
     }
 }

List<String> getModeOptions() {
    List<String> options = new ArrayList<>()
    for (Object mode : location.getModes())
        options.add(mode.toString())
    
    return options
}

def installed() {
    fullReset()
}
 
 def initialize() {
     fullReset()
 }

def refresh() {
    fullReset()
}

def fullReset() {
    sendEvent("name": "time", "value": new Date().getTime())
}

Create a virtual device, add it to webCoRE, and this example piston will demonstrate the issue:

It produces the error

║Error executing func_formatdatetime: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1.640263963672E12"

1 Like

Download the Hubitat app