Web interface, more, down on C-5 after 2.3.4.153 update

Have you tried hubitat.local:8081 ?

Try a different network port on your router/switch. And also try a different network cable. They have been known to fail abruptly.

I tried hubitat.local:8081 -- it failed.

I will try a different network port or cable, but I should note that my network has been seeing the hub. If I use the MAC address to find the hub, it does. I just cannot connect to it.

If you are doing this via the "find hub" feature, it could be cached data.

I have found the hub a few ways. I used my.hubitat and portal.hubitat on my desktop and through the Android app. What can I do to wipe cached data, assuming that is the issue here?

Re the earlier suggestion, I just tried a different cable and different ports on my switch. No change.

Ok you tried the diagnostic page. Just to be sure;

What about the square hole on the back? Have you tried a hard reset?

I tried the diagnostic page -- it does not connect.

I tried the rest button -- the round hole in your picture. By "hard reset," do you mean that button? Powercycling it? Factory reset? I have powercycled it but have not factory reset it. Saving that for last if nothing else works.

As the documentation link describes, it does a network reset.

At least 7 seconds as per documentation?

Yes.

So to recap, you have a green led (not blue)
You did a network reset by pushing the reset button for at least 7 seconds and even after that (and powercycling the hub)
The diagnostic page at http://hubitat.local:8081
(Not the ip but explicitly hubitat.local) is unreachable….

Well if all that, i would PM Hubitat support.

Thanks!

Have you tried to go in your router to check what IP your router is giving to your hubitat?

3 Likes

You may have hit on part of the problem, or at least, a symptom of it. The hub is not showing up in my connected devices list.

1 Like

Dumb question. Is the hub connected directly to your router or to something else connected to your router?

Do you have jumbo frames enabled on your router?

Do you actually see an ip for your router and if yes, can you ping it?

1 Like

Wondering if this is at all related to this: Hub not responding after upgrade to 2.3.4.150

Difference is they could ping the hub and see it was connected to the router. They could also access the diagnostics tool. Without that there is not a whole lot you can do besides the network reset.

So just to be 100% clear, I know this has been asked a few times already but not fully confirmed. When you did the network reset with button under the hub, after you let go of the button the light should flash blue and then the hub should reboot, indicated by a solid blue light and then eventually a green light.

Even though everything points to the update being the culprit, this will eliminate some other possibilities: If it is STILL not showing as a connected device on the router interface, please swap out the power block with any known good 1Amp or higher supply. Swap out the ethernet cable for a known working one. This would eliminate either of those as the issue, they both have been found to be the cause of problems before.

I think we need a "I cant connect to my Hub" wiki post. Just slap in a link here you go try all these things first.

3 Likes

My cable and power supply have been checked and are good. I am going to keep playing with the network connection settings to see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the suggestions.

This thread has already got the making of it :sunglasses:. I might do that if i get some time.

This i why i suggested using the friendly name, the hub might have gotten a different IP, using the friendly name should find the hub after a network reset anyway.

So the network cable, router port and powerblock have also been ruled out now?

Have you tried reaching the hub from an another device, like a pc? Are you maybe using a VPN on the device you are trying to reach the hub with now?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.