Water Shutoff valve that works with Hubitat

The new Zooz Zac36 looks interesting.

My bulldog is still working fine though.

1 Like

This was the one I got eBay Zigbee 3.0 valve

And this is what it looks like:

When pairing, Hubitat doesn't know what it is, so I tried a few Zigbee and even a generic Zwave valve controller, but no luck, that's when I found this thread and your comment on the other driver.

EDIT:
These are the device details from Hubitat:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 50
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0003,0004,0005,0006,E000,E001,0000
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0001
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_iedbgyxt
1 Like

Ah ha, yours is different. So you got it to pair, but the clusters are different.
Have you loaded Marcus's driver? I think I see a fingerprint in the driver for your valve, so once you add the driver it should work.
Not sure of your skill level.
Can you load a custom driver in HE and then switch the device to utilize that driver?

1 Like

That looks just like the one I have (same clusters etc) and it works great with the Sinope Water Valve driver.

3 Likes

I do have the custom driver installed and assigned it to the valve, but it shows as not present. On/Off/Open/Close don't do anything.

I feel like I'm missing something. I reset the valve by holding the power button, the blue light blinks and I pair it with Hubitat, but Hubitat doesn't assign it a device type or anything, then I change it to the Tuya driver and save, but still no luck.

Do you remember how you got it to pair to Hubitat? I tried the Sinope water valve type too, but no luck. Current states show blank :frowning:

After switching to the sinope driver then clicking save, did you click configure after and wait 5 mins?

2 Likes

Worked right out of the box for me.
I put Hubitat into Inclusion, applied power to the valve and it found it straight away as "device"
I then located the Sinope Water Valve driver, matched it up and clicked "configure" and "save" as should always be done. Sorry it seems so easy.
This is from my Device page...
Water_Valve

3 Likes

Eureka!! I reset the controller without trying to pair it again, unplugged it after a while, plugged it back in and set it to pairing mode. After pairing, I set to the Sinope driver, saved, hit configure, and the states instantly updated to valve: open!

I'm so happy right now, I got this after our house flooded when a pipe burst while we were sleeping, so this paired with some Linking leak sensors will def give us some peace of mind.

Thanks so much to @Rxich , @njanda , and @rlithgow1 for the support!

4 Likes

I have this same generic zigbee valve like Juan posted, 4 of them actually ordered from alibaba. I've tried every driver listed and I can get it to report status i.e. open or closed but cannot command it. When pairing I see INCOMPLETE - DO NOT SUBMIT THIS - TRY AGAIN: fingerprint model:"null", manufacturer:"null", profileId:"0104", endpointId:"F2", inClusters:"null", outClusters:"null" in the log. I was about to give up but then just for the hell of it I tried pairing it to my amazon echo plus and it works that way so I know its capable of working. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The echo recognizes it as a light bulb with description _tz3000_iedbgyxt smart device but turning it on and off opens and closes the valve.

1 Like

Thank you @Juan !

Hey Bucket, you've got to try the driver from @kkossev. He has built about 6 or 7 versions of the Tuya valve into his driver. I'm fairly sure it will work in HE for your valve.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kkossev/Hubitat/development/Drivers/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Valve/Tuya%20Zigbee%20Valve.groovy

2 Likes

Hi @Rxich, we've been working together with @Bucket on the first test versions of the driver, he helped a lot in troubleshooting it, many thanks!

Hopefully, I will have the time today to add the driver into HPM and to officially publish it n a new thread.

1 Like

Tuya Zigbee Valve driver is now published here:

2 Likes

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I bought one of these valves recently from Aliexpress....no issues getting it paired and responding using the Sinope Driver...but my issue is more mechanical...

The image of the valve I bought showed it with a rigid clamp. the one I got has two pieces and a pipe clamp, and I can't seem to get it to be rigid enough to operate through both the closing and reopening of the valve without moving out of alignment.... this means that when I re-open the valve it only opens about ~80%.

Anyone have any words of advice?

Some photos would be helpful. Also, these valves aren’t meant for PEX.

1 Like

Can you share a picture of how it clamps? I'll snap a pic of how mine is clamped shortly.

Ya i .had same issue gave up and had one of these installed by plummer.

https://www.amazon.com/Leak-Intel-Certified-Manufacturers-Warranty/dp/B01LE84USO/ref=mp_s_a_1_71_sspa

See the attached! It works fine to close, but then the valve moves on reopening.

My valve is on Pex plumbing, but the manufacturer’s site said it would be fine. Also worth nothing that it attaches to the rigid part of the valve body, so I don’t see the flexibility of the Pex coming into play.