Water Leak Messages?

https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-SmartThings-Battery-Powered-Compatible/dp/B095TR9NYR

Are my water leak sensors flooding and possibly slowing my mesh? My other devices are not anywhere near this number. I have temperature reporting disabled. Any way to determine what "messages" are being sent?

Switch temporarily one of the sensors to the inbuilt driver named β€˜Device’ and copy/paste one page of the live logs.

Are you using the Tuya driver with the goal to disable the temperature reporting?

Yes, as recommended by an Aeotec engineer.

1 Like

1 Like

:grin:

2 Likes

Let me take some time to look at this.

For my reference: Samjin water leak sensor info :

Knockturn Alley - Samjin water

2 Likes

Nothing to add here except it is very rare to see a support person going "off script" and doing research to try to help a customer. Kudos to Chris Cheng!

6 Likes

Yeah, Chris Cheng is a good dude. He went above & beyond trying to help get to the bottom of some AerQ issues with me back in that device's early days.

3 Likes

@Pantheon which model exactly is your SmattThings leak sensor - there are at least 3 different models ... and different firmware (application) versions.

This is mine :

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 14
  • firmwareMT: 1241-0030-00000014
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05
  • manufacturer: Samjin
  • model: water
  • outClusters: 0003,0019
  • softwareBuild:

OK, its exactly the same as mine ... The strange thing here is that the temperature reports stop by themselves after some time... I am still using the battery that came with the sensor - it was more than 3 years ago! The battery voltage is only 2.5V (44%) - is it possible that the device stops sending temperature reports when the battery is low in order to save energy ? :thinking:

Do you want to completely disable the temperature reports, or just configure the reporting interval and the threshold? (the first option is easier )

I would like to completely disable the temperature reporting. :slight_smile:

@Pantheon, there is a HE built-in Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor (no temp)
Have you tried it?

Just manually change the driver to the (no temp) version, then pair the device again to HE (without removing it).

2 Likes

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

OK, how do I know that temperature reporting has stopped?

Look in the device web page Events history, if there are any new temperature readings.
The number of messages received (your top post) is cleared when you reboot the hub.

Weird battery reporting...

Enable the Debug option ...
What is in the live logs that proceeds the wrong battery percentage reports?