Water Flow shutoff valve's that work with HE

mind if I pick your brain on this, does it out of the box monitor the amount of flow per second and will it shut off water if it thinks there is a broke pipe ?

or do you have to wait till its hooked up to something such as HE first before it will do any of that ?

I am looking for a shutoff value that measures water and will turn off and the ability to see all of this thru HE

Sorry about that, I completely missed the "flow" part! I'll edit my post.

Search the forum for Gas Sensors. I don’t know about the others, but the Xiaomi/Honeywell sensor has connections for an auto shutoff valve.

Just be sure it’s designed for the use, with an explosion-proof motor. Otherwise you’re going to create a much bigger problem than the one you were trying to solve.

1 Like

https://www.domeha.com/z-wave-water-main-shut-off-valve

1 Like

As I was mentioning in my earlier post, I've now completed migration of my water sensors and EcoNet valve to HE. It's paired as a 'Z-Wave Generic Valve'. Everything is working great. I also had a plumber come in on Monday to add plumbing for a second valve I just purchased. It opens a second valve to a drain once the first one is closed to shut off water supply. This coordination works great to quickly bleed pressure and further reduce potential damage. The second valve is on a 3/4-Inch line, but reduced to a 1/2-Inch drain line. We've got a house full of copper pipes that are nearly 60 years old. The intent was to reduce a sudden drop in pressure to be a little easier on connections. It was very straight forward to create a simple automation in RM.

Gas sensors are something else I'm interested in looking into (as others have mentioned).

Hubitat supports the Heiman Zigbee gas sensor natively:

2 Likes

Thank you, didn't know those existed. Is it a repeater by any chance? Is it a good repeater?

I don't know the answer to that question. I would doubt it. Plus I have mine in my crawl space anyway so not near other devices.

It is a line powered device, so there is a reasonably good chance it is a repeater. When I looked at their website, it didn't say either way. Almost all line powered Z-Wave and Zigbee devices are repeaters.

@bcopeland @mike.maxwell

Are you able to add the fingerprint on the next release for the EcoNet EVC200 Bulldog Valve Robot which is a Z-Wave Shutoff valve:
https://www.econetshop.com/bulldog.html
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJZCFBH

From Logs when I got info from the Device driver:
fingerprint mfr:"0157", prod:"0003", deviceId:"0002", inClusters:"0x5E,0x25,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x77,0x5A,0x73"

It works perfectly fine with the Generic Z-Wave Valve driver to open and close the valve. I just got it today and noticed others on this post also posted above that this device works for them too but Hubitat was missing the fingerprint.

This is on my C7 hub above.

They actually do advertise it works with Hubitat on their site too which I thought was funny even though the fingerprint was probably never added.

5 Likes

Yes, we will get this added, thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve had one of these for a year and a half. If you can get over the anti-WiFi zealotry, it works great with Hubitat. Importantly, it will do its job whether it has Internet access or not. Or if Hubitat is offline. You want local processing? The Flo is configured by a cloud-based app, but then runs completely independently.

This is NOT one that works with HE directly... but I am working with them to try to make it possible:
GE Smart Whole House Water Filter (GXWH70M)

It seems pretty decent so far, the design is sturdy and you can manually control whether it is filtering, bypassed, or stopped. The filter has a motor in it that can be controlled to set those same things as well as a flow meter

I have one of these as well. Let us know if you get it working with Hubitat. I have a leak smart valve already but it would be nice to have this one on Hubitat also. I purchased this model filter after my AO Smith ones kept bursting. This was before I found out my water pressure was 125 and needed to replace the regulator.

1 Like

Thanks for telling us about this product. I order one thanks to you.

I would recommend you look closely at your needs around one first. Right now it has NO direct Hubitat integration and it works by communicating with the cloud. That means if the network is down it will be useless (although the ability to manually change it also allows it to be handled in cases of a power failure).

Not to disparage it. I like the design (not sure about replacement filter costs yet) and am still working on it. I just want everyone to be aware that it does not directly work with Hubitat and may NEVER do so (but I am staying in contact with GE to get it as a feature request).

They are generally cheap if you don't need the lead filtering. Those are around $50-$55USD and the ones that I get (yellow top/bottom) are around $24-$26USD.

Standard: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Advanced-Whole-House-Replacement-Filter-FTHTM/308411361

Lead Removal: https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-Premium-Whole-House-Replacement-Filter-FTHLM/308411436

1 Like

Anyone ever tried one of the Leaksmart appliance kits?

They're not zigbee-enabled like the Leaksmart valve @aaiyar mentioned above, but I'm wondering if I can at least figure out a way to tap into the valve open/closed status to get that info pulled into HE.

I'm thinking you could probably come up with a way wire in a zigbee or z-wave contact sensor/relay NO/NC

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I have a few old ecolink z-wave contact sensors with external inputs that should do the trick, if it’s not too hard to wire one in parallel.