Wall Panel App for Android

No, you should use the dashboard link generated by the Dashboard app.

Ok, giving it a try in minutes. Will drop info here. Thanks

It worked. But older device was not willing to load. I guess I will need to downloado some more web interpreter for that one, but that one is on me.
Thanks.

Older device? You mean an older Android device? Yes, you need to have at least android 6 (i believe) for the dashboards to work correctly. Older versions won't work.

Exactly. The older device is android 4.something and it should work but needs some additional "tweaking", as I have understood.

SharpTools.io is compatible back to Android 4.4.4 (and maybe further back) if you want to give that a try.

If I remember correctly, the built-in Hubitat dashboards require CSS Grid support and will fallback to a legacy rendering mode for older browsers. (Something about falling back to rendering the tiles in the order they were added to your dashboard rather than the way they are positioned in the grid on older devices)

As Ryan alluded to, I don't think Android's built-in browser got support for CSS Grid until Android 5 or 6 and iOS didn't get it until something like iOS 10.3.

Has anyone had issues with Wall Panel failing to update over time? Things work amazingly well (better than Fully Kiosk, frankly) unless I leave the tablet untouched for many hours. When I wake the screen the dashboard it is displaying is the state it had from hours prior, and does not show current info.

I can refresh, after which everything runs great again. Refresh isn't that big a deal, but it's not quite as seamless as you'd hope.

Anyone experienced this?

Or found a way to auto refresh after X minutes?

I'm trying to find the purpose of this app besides the full Kiosk. Is anyone running this App? How are you using it.

Hello,
are you maybe reads battery status to control charging?

hi how did you get fully kiosk to unlock the fire tablet after motion?

if you are using this app and have an MQTT broker test this and let me know how it go

1 Like

Ryan780 thanks for sharing your discovery of this app. I downloaded and installed it to compare with Fully Kiosk. What I have discovered that seems to be missing is a means of getting haptic audio feedback when touching virtual keypad buttons. I have tried it on a couple of different tablets with the same result. If there is a setting in WallPanel for audio I am staring right through it. What is the experience of others in regards audio feedback from button push.
Fully Kiosk does provide audio feedback on button selection. I have confirmed that both Tablets are configured to provide audio on touch as confirmed when I enter my PIN in WallPanel.

Insights appreciated. Thank You.

He isn't a member of this community anymore so he won't respond but others might.

1 Like

Thank You. I had not realized that.

Unless someone has a workaround. It appears that WallPanel does not have a provision for providing haptic feedback.

From the developers GitHub page
"You cannot do this from the webpage, this is called haptic feadback. The app does not receive notifications from the rendered page or manipulate the page."

I tried WallPanel on one of my Fire 8 tablets. It seems like a nice dashboard, however it is kind of difficult to use when one is developing the dashboard. Once you fire it up it locks everything down so it is now easy to make changes. Is there a development move for it.

What makes it difficult to use during dashboard build out?