Vote for Shelly UNI

Hi all
I ask if someone have experience in luminosity sensors that can be connected to the UNI in the place of temperature sensor?

Thank you for this, Worked perfectly for my Uni - now available from the US site. I now have sump pump backup battery voltage on my dashboard. I may put one on my mower battery.

3 Likes

Hi

This is the device link in the video from aliexpress

There's more than one model.
The output must be three wires
You can order the model 0-5 v or 0-10 v only

1 Like

@tomw do you have an idea the output of my dhelly has to many digit after the .
Can of useless and quitte hard to put in a dashboard

Thank for this driver very usefull for my home ups with the grid and mostly with solar chaging

I got my Uni setup yesterday with the Shelly app, but haven't been able to add it as a device in Hubitat. I've tried creating it using @tomw drivers, but Hubitat gives and error and won't save it as a device.

This is the url I got the the driver from ... https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/shelly_experimental/main/packageManifest.json

This is the error I'm getting

You want to use the Install from URL option in HPM (Hubitat Package Manager).

2 Likes

Do you think this pressure reading (level translating) probe would work and survive in a heavily silted, often dry, sometimes algae'd, water application ?

I checked in a change (version 0.0.10 in HPM) that limits the decimal display precision to two digits.

Tim
You are trying to install a package manifest as a driver.
This is not the driver code @tomw do you have a direct url for your uni driver that Tim can install from?

1 Like

You can install each of the 'location' entries. They're links to the 'raw' GitHub code pages.

If you prefer the interactive repo, the same files are here: GitHub - tomwpublic/shelly_experimental

I will suggest HPM though- it's a lot easier to install in one step using the single URL than to tediously install each of these. But either way should work.

FYI @Cobra

3 Likes

Thanks much @tomw and @Cobra, that really helped. I got the Hubitat Package Manager installed and the Shelly drivers and devices installed. Now I need to figure out how to configure the Shelly Uni.

1 Like

Create a Virtual Device of type Shelly UNI. Then enter your Shelly IP address and save. That should establish communication with your Uni and create all of the necessary child devices.

2 Likes

Thanks @tomw, the Shelly Uni driver is awesome.

I figured out why I couldn't configure the Shelly Uni on the configuration page. I put in the IP address as http:// 192.168.50.202/, which didn't work. So, I changed it to 192.168.50.202 and it started working and gave all the child devices.

Then I configured the "Shelly Uni for Reef Tank-adc0" to read the correct voltage, since the default voltage offset was -0.4 volts. I changed it to "-0.0" and it worked.

I was then able to create an alert app that sends a notification to my phone. Although, a tricky part was I had to use "Custom Attribute" as the capability of the Trigger event

It works perfectly now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One more question. I haven't been able to add the Shelly Uni to my Dashboard to monitor voltage, since it doesn't show up as a device in the "Add A Tile" Pick A Device drop down menu.

Could it be that the Shelly Uni was created as a virtual device?

No, it should show up there. You may have to go to the configuration page for that dashboard instance and add the device to the list.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can't believe I forgot about that.

Also, for anyone trying to add a Shelly Uni tile with Voltage, I had to pick the "Attribute" Template and then select Voltage from the Pick an Attribute pull-down.

2 Likes

Hi, can you please lead me how did you install the HPM ?
Thanks in advanced

See the official HPM thread for details and instructions:

2 Likes

I'm pretty sure this is what I did to install HPM.

First, go to https://github.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager and click on Go to File.

Then click on apps/Package_Manager_groovy.

Then copy the code over to Hubitat to "Add User App" on the Apps tab.

I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sure it helps a lot,thank you very much for your clear informative reply,
much appreciated. :+1:

have another question please.
when i add the UNI as device it show me in the Type several options like Shelly UNI,Shelly child device,Shelly Common,,,
which one i choose?