Vote for Shelly UNI

Fine
In my opinion doing everything from driver is redundant
It's not a complicated step and anyway Shelly's web page you are obliged to use it for the network address.

Guys
I originally I wrote my driver for a specific use in my Motorhome
I don't really want to spend any more time on it as it works for my use
I suggest you use @tomw's driver as he seems to have all the features worked out
I'll withdraw my version of the driver from my site

Andy

Let it and explain that is for specific use and what it do.
Is knowledge shared, can be helpful for another developer in future.
just My opinion

Hi all
I ask if someone have experience in luminosity sensors that can be connected to the UNI in the place of temperature sensor?

Thank you for this, Worked perfectly for my Uni - now available from the US site. I now have sump pump backup battery voltage on my dashboard. I may put one on my mower battery.

3 Likes

Hi

This is the device link in the video from aliexpress

There's more than one model.
The output must be three wires
You can order the model 0-5 v or 0-10 v only

1 Like

@tomw do you have an idea the output of my dhelly has to many digit after the .
Can of useless and quitte hard to put in a dashboard

Thank for this driver very usefull for my home ups with the grid and mostly with solar chaging

I got my Uni setup yesterday with the Shelly app, but haven't been able to add it as a device in Hubitat. I've tried creating it using @tomw drivers, but Hubitat gives and error and won't save it as a device.

This is the url I got the the driver from ... https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/shelly_experimental/main/packageManifest.json

This is the error I'm getting

You want to use the Install from URL option in HPM (Hubitat Package Manager).

2 Likes

Do you think this pressure reading (level translating) probe would work and survive in a heavily silted, often dry, sometimes algae'd, water application ?

I checked in a change (version 0.0.10 in HPM) that limits the decimal display precision to two digits.

Tim
You are trying to install a package manifest as a driver.
This is not the driver code @tomw do you have a direct url for your uni driver that Tim can install from?

1 Like

You can install each of the 'location' entries. They're links to the 'raw' GitHub code pages.

If you prefer the interactive repo, the same files are here: GitHub - tomwpublic/shelly_experimental

I will suggest HPM though- it's a lot easier to install in one step using the single URL than to tediously install each of these. But either way should work.

FYI @Cobra

3 Likes

Thanks much @tomw and @Cobra, that really helped. I got the Hubitat Package Manager installed and the Shelly drivers and devices installed. Now I need to figure out how to configure the Shelly Uni.

1 Like

Create a Virtual Device of type Shelly UNI. Then enter your Shelly IP address and save. That should establish communication with your Uni and create all of the necessary child devices.

2 Likes

Thanks @tomw, the Shelly Uni driver is awesome.

I figured out why I couldn't configure the Shelly Uni on the configuration page. I put in the IP address as http:// 192.168.50.202/, which didn't work. So, I changed it to 192.168.50.202 and it started working and gave all the child devices.

Then I configured the "Shelly Uni for Reef Tank-adc0" to read the correct voltage, since the default voltage offset was -0.4 volts. I changed it to "-0.0" and it worked.

I was then able to create an alert app that sends a notification to my phone. Although, a tricky part was I had to use "Custom Attribute" as the capability of the Trigger event

It works perfectly now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One more question. I haven't been able to add the Shelly Uni to my Dashboard to monitor voltage, since it doesn't show up as a device in the "Add A Tile" Pick A Device drop down menu.

Could it be that the Shelly Uni was created as a virtual device?

No, it should show up there. You may have to go to the configuration page for that dashboard instance and add the device to the list.

3 Likes

Thanks! I can't believe I forgot about that.

Also, for anyone trying to add a Shelly Uni tile with Voltage, I had to pick the "Attribute" Template and then select Voltage from the Pick an Attribute pull-down.

2 Likes

Hi, can you please lead me how did you install the HPM ?
Thanks in advanced