Vivint CT-200

You'll probably get yours sooner (the seller is located closer to San Antonio).

Oh...maybe not the same then. I thought the one I bought was coming from Illinois. I didn't pay close attention though..

I found a seller on eBay that has several for $25 a piece but they are all missing the back plate. I reached out to Vivint support and they said they would send me one if I had an active account. Unsure how much that would cost and if it would be worth it to sign up to get the back plate or not.

That's more of a gamble than I'm willing to do. If I need one more (which I think I do) I'll wait until one shows up on eBay that has all it's parts.

Have 3 CT200, but have 4 thermostats...

1 Like

I don't even need a new thermostat, lol but these look so nice and the cycling/deadband can be set to minimum .5. I have the Centralite Pearl and I'm creating my own work-around just to limit their minimum 1 degree deadband because the fluctuation of the temperature in the house is just too much for the wife.

1 deg swing is too much?? How has she lived her whole life??? :slight_smile: Most thermostats don't allow less than that...

Anyway, I've never set mine to 0.5 deg swing, but it shows up as an option so I guess it can do it.

1 Like

Haha, well because Centralite's 1 degree is technically 2 degrees. If the cooling setpoint is 75 then the temperature will go up to 76 and then it cools down to 74. Our house is newer construction so new windows & a/c units. That 2 degrees feels like a big swing.

Ok. I can say that at the 1 deg swing setting, for a setpoint of 75 the Vivint turns on at 76 and off at 75.

1 Like

Yep, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I have created a rule to do this on my Pearl currently, but if I have an excuse to get another Thermostat to please the wife, then it's kind of a win/win :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got one new in box for $44 off eBay. I have 2 thermostats, so I figured I'll test it out and then if I like it I'll purchase another once I find a good deal.

Got another CT-200 in the mail today (used) - needed unlocking with the vivint panel.

2 Likes

My CT-200 will be here tomorrow, plan on installing it this weekend!

1 Like

Would a “new-in-box” thermostat be unlocked? (I’ll acknowledge the assumption that a description of NIB is truthful.) There’s one on eBay that’s a bit pricey, but knowing it’s unlocked would provide some peace of mind.

So far everyone's experience is, yes but that isn't a guarantee. Mine is supposed to be new in box, so we will see.

1 Like

The new-in-box one I got this week was unlocked. The two used ones I have were locked, and required unlocking w/a vivint panel.

I need 1 more of them though. So for whoever is bidding against me on eBay - stop it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wasn't me. Mine didn't come in today - hopefully tomorrow.

One little 'easter egg' for y'all... When connected via c-wire you get an extra option in the setup menu on the device that lets you turn on the display when you walk by/get close to the thermostat. That option is hidden when battery operated.

Also, for those using c-wire, it is OK (recommended actually in the manual) to also install batteries for backup. Not required, though.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to pull an extra wire for almost two years now for that exact feature. Do you think it’s worth it? It’s a tough run for me.

Not really. It is neat and all, but not so cool that I would pull a wire for it.

1 Like

Would it up the WAF? :joy: