Vivint CT-200

It’s got a default password... the rest is gravy. Could use a z-wave packet sniffer. I’ll be mailing mine out today to a user here—if you’re looking for them to do anything.

1 Like

Yeah. I looked through an installer guide for the hub. Seems pretty straight forward (if I even need to use it).

Well, got my 1st CT-200 off ebay. It will pair but do nothing else, so I guess I'll have to wait for my vivint panel/hub to get here to try and pair it and remove it.

Bummer, was hoping to get the driver written this weekend.

EDIT: Yes, based on the command classes advertised after pairing, it is definitely anti-theft locked. Hope the panel works when it gets here next week. lol.

1 Like

I guess I feel like finding one of those locked hubs is a good thing :laughing: Looking forward to hearing what you discover.

Got my panel today (wasn't due untl Monday, so that's nice), and was able to pair/unpair the thermostat. Now it works correctly in Hubitat.

I have the easy part of the new driver done, have to go through the more annoying parts next. Hope to have a version out tomorrow.

1 Like

Driver posted:

3 Likes

Awesome! I'm so stoked to try this. Thanks for writing it :smiley:

Adam is sending me his panel I can't wait to hook my thermostat up to it to unlock it and then try out your driver. Awesome work!

It is super easy to add and remove from the panel. Maybe 60 seconds worth of work.

So it's just 50/50 if the thermostat you purchase is locked or not? Kind of stinks. Wish there was a way to emulate it being connected and removed from their own hub.

One of the reasons why I picked this thermostat is because I used to work for Vivint and I really liked it. I'm excited to use it

2 Likes

100% of the ones I've received were locked and required pairing/unpairing with a Vivint panel before they would work. All of mine were used though, I have not tried a new in box one.

1 Like

@TemptingTime

I am supposed to be receiving one new in a box. In theory, it should not be locked since it has not been paired previously to a panel. I'll let you know how that goes ..... :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@aaiyar where did you buy a new one? I dislike how you can only get a "quote" on their website. I'm looking to see if I can snag one off eBay.

1 Like

Should arrive tomorrow or Weds. :slight_smile:

eBay. This was the listing. Looks like the seller doesn't have any left. I paid $70 for it.

I (think I) bought his last one yesterday.

You'll probably get yours sooner (the seller is located closer to San Antonio).

Oh...maybe not the same then. I thought the one I bought was coming from Illinois. I didn't pay close attention though..

I found a seller on eBay that has several for $25 a piece but they are all missing the back plate. I reached out to Vivint support and they said they would send me one if I had an active account. Unsure how much that would cost and if it would be worth it to sign up to get the back plate or not.