Visonic MCT-370 Contact Sensor- Pairs as Glass Break Sensor

So I just got a couple of these MCT-370 contact sensors. They pair as "Generic Zigbee Glass Break Sensors". On trial and error I seem to be able to get the to work if I switch the driver to "Smartsense Multisensor V4". The generic zigbee contact sensor driver didn't work BTW.

This was the device fingerprint:

That's odd, because there are other others here who seem to be using this sensor for a while - although I'm not sure with which driver.

Tagging @rcjordan

Mine is Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor. (C7|ver 2.3.1.142)

1 Like

Same here. Works great with Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor.

1 Like

Was that sensor new "out of the box" ?

That deviceTypeid: 983 is way out of the two digit ballpark from any other Visonic contact or motion I have. Either this was read/interpreted incorrectly (donno if that's possible @mike.maxwell ) or it actually thinks it is a Glass Break.

I do believe not all of these Visonic's in this series (see data sheet) have been "slam dunks" for 100% HE compatibility. Wish there was a closer relationship with Tyco in this regard because they are generally well designed, battery sipping, devices rooted in years of security system development. (Of course big stogie Tyco may not see cooperation as being in there interest, but who knows.)

1 Like

@PunchCardPgmr It sure looked brand new in box to me. Complete with manual and adhesive strips. I even unpaired it it and repaired it 3-4 times and every time it paired as a glass break sensor. It didn't seem to function with the generic zigbee contact sensor driver, but it did partially function with an iris zigbee contact sensor driver. It seems to fully work with the Smartsense Multisensor V4. Maybe this is something @mike.maxwell could look at?

This is the ID assigned by the hub to the driver the device was paired to, it's not provided by the device.
This is a model (MCT-370) that we haven't tested, we have tested the 340 E and the 340 SMA.
If someone can verify that the model 370 works with the Generic Contact driver I'll add the fingerprint to the generic driver, this will probably resolve the issue.

2 Likes

Mike,

While we're talking this series of sensors from Visonic....

Is the fingerprint for the
Long Range Pet Immune PIR Motion Detector MP-840
in the Generic Zigbee Motion driver?

Mine is working perfectly for motion (thought I was going to have to send you one to get that working)...but I sometimes wonder if the Temperature Reporting is behaving with it's own default instead of what I'm telling it through the driver. For example, the reporting on a time increment seems to not work at all.

If the driver isn't matched up perfectly do devices often have one parameter that just goes by what it knows as default and ignores any attempt by the driver to reconfigure that?

nope...

possible, though with zigbee (contrasted to z-wave) reporting configurations are very standardized.

verify that the model 370 works with the Generic Contact driver

Yep, been working great for a couple of weeks now.

• endpointId: 01
  • model: MCT-370 SMA
  • application: 01
  • firmwareMT: 1011-000F-10000003
  • softwareBuild: 10000003
  • manufacturer: Visonic

Just curious if the stack of "fingerprint stuff" he showed from the pairing is available somewhere after the fact. There is clearly more than what comes up on the Device's Page and I don't recall if I've seen it available.

Can change the device type back to 'device' and get the fingerprint.

1 Like

Mike:

Regarding options in the Generic Zigbee Drivers that address temperature reporting on the respective devices, be they motions or contacts etc. Is it the case that the fingerprint of the device is essential to a) knowing the capability, and b) controlling the capability?

Specifically, the Visonic MP-840...would it / could it know how to handle the driver settings of "report upon 0.25°C" differential, or "report every 30 minutes" without the fingerprint being configured ?

I have a MP-840 sensor that does not report as frequently as I would expect nor trigger a rule I expect it to. I have tried changing the degree and the frequency. It does report, just not as often as I hoped/need. Now the environment is pretty static temperature-wise...but still.... 0.25°C ought to get it talking more. And 30 minute reporting doesn't seem to do anything either.

Thanks.

It is not.

Zigbee reporting parameters and configuration are part of the spec.

OK, thanks. Just expecting the time frequency setting to be obeyed by the previous subject Visonic and it seems not to be.