Very slow response

I have a very sick HUBITAT C7, can you access my computer in order to resolve this issue, which is extremely slow response between command and action, which averages 1 to 3 sec.

Regards
Dom

1 Like

Some more details are necessary to debug this (device, protocol, mesh status, and command). For a start, have you tried a shutdown followed by a power-cycle?

Also, tagging @support_team.

2 Likes

I am not an expert but I expect that they will ask to see your logs, especially for the slow devices. Screenshots may be enough.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

I am doing things you recommended one at a time, I have done a shutdown and power-cycle, which I assume is shutting down from the settings, and unplug and replugging.

I will let the hub do its thing and check response over night.

Thanks Guys
Dom

2 Likes

Do this from the outlet end, and not the hub's microUSB connector. This is because that connector can be fragile, and it isn't a good idea to unplug and plug it repeatedly.

1 Like

Can you post your z-wave details page in it's entirety?

1 Like

aaiyar,

First thing, nothing changed following the shutdown and reboot of the Hubitat, so this is one down.
I am running on platform 2.3.3.137
See attached below mesh details in its entirety.

If more info is required, please advise.

Thanks
Dom

You have a lot of incomplete pairings and a lot of things running s0... Those should be paired with no security. The incomplete pairings of your mains based devices should be redone I would think.

Take a gander at this as well

3 Likes

@poordom.dv

This is correct. Also, I have heard that the Zooz 4-in-1 is not good on the C7.

1 Like

Good morning aaiyar and rlithgow1.
Thank you for your response, Rick you mention that I have a lot of incomplete pairing and ot of things running s0, can you elaborate, how do you determine the incomplete pairings, and things running.
I apologize for my ignorance,
Dom

In general (there are exceptions) anything without routing information is capable of causing issues. These are likely a result of an incomplete pairing and need to be addressed, especially since there are so many of them. The security column indicates the type of security with which the device is paired. S0 should really only be reserved for devices that are actually security devices, like door locks, and only if they don't support S2 security. Some of your contact sensors look like they might be external security contacts but S0 generates a lot of overhead. I'd see if those devices can either be paired with S2 or maybe you don't really need that level of security.

1 Like

@poordom.dv

Also see this:

2 Likes

@poordom.dv So in essence the zooz 4-in-1 devices are crushing your mesh. They need to be paired through a z-wave stick paired to hubitat as a secondary controller with no security. Once paired you can remove the stick.

Good morning Rick,

Concerning the zooz 4-in-1, if I were to exclude that device from Hubitat hub would remedy the problem I'm having, with the incomplete pairing of some devices.

Dom

No... The incomplete pairings need to be excluded then reincluded fully.

Removing the zooz 4-in-1's will stop the crushing of your mesh overall

You can pair the 4-in-1's back safely with a z-wave stick paired to hubitat as secondary controller with No security (besides the only thing that should have security on is locks and garage door stuff)

The issue is a weird incompatibility of the zooz sensors (as well as the zooz zen-25) with 700 Series chips. This problem doesn't exist in 500 series. I also recommend using @jtp10181 's zooz 4-in-1 driver available in Hubitat Package Manager.

I also recommend reading this

1 Like

Rick, how do you determine a device to be pairing incomplete, is it by the column ROUTE with no route shown.
Dom

Right it shows the switch exists but nothing in the routing column

1 Like

Thanks Rick, at least I know I'm going in the right direction.
Dom

For the record I do not believe this is a correct statement. The "issue" is always there, but the 500 series SDK deals with it better than the 700 series. IMO its really only an issue with poor settings and I have documented my recommended settings in the post for my custom driver.

1 Like

Good afternoon jtp10181, since I am just learning about Hubitat, I read all the recommendations pertaining to the issue I am having of either Slow or no reaction to very simple command.

You mention a custom driver discussion you had, do you have the link that references that discussion.
Thanks
Dom