V2 Iris Keypad setup howto needed

I just want the PARTIAL button to set system to NIGHT and ON button to set it AWAY, which I can't get it to do presently--it's either one or the other. I don't use HOME is HSM.

You still need to check the keypad driver and make sure it is set to Iris V2 and not Centralite.

See here:

Hub Update 2.0.7: supplementary keypad notes

Will check it tonight when I get home Denise..thanks...about to throw in towel on keypads. :slight_smile:

I have two of the Iris V2 Keypads and they arm properly, so my gut says you probably have the Centralite keypad driver. I had to go in and manually change my keypads drivers to the Iris V2. Hope that is the answer for you!

just read 2.07 update and it says repairing should select correct driver...which I did re-pair all keypads and devices so drivers SHOULD be correct--I do remember they did pair as "Iris V2 keypads" this morning...will check for sure when I get home. Thanks.

I just loaded Teamviewer up & checked my home PC..in DEVICES all 5 of my keypads show TYPE to be "Iris V2 Keypad"...I am assuming this is the driver...though I've never changed a driver in Hubitat. Is this where I'm supposed to be looking for driver for each keypad?

I am pretty sure the type is the driver, so you have the right driver.

If I were in your position, here are the things I would do. It's a pain, but like I said, I have 2 of the Iris V2 keypads and I can arm away and arm night with no problem, so they do work.

1. Remove HSM.
  2. Remove the keypads from the hub and then factory reset them (don't remember exactly how to reset). I would definitely be sure to do the reset as I couldn't get them to work right until I did that.
  3. Add the keypads again. Then go into the device page and look at all the settings and change any you would like. Again I don't remember all the settings, but I would make sure to save the preferences to verify the keypads and the driver are synced up.
  4. Install HSM.
  5. Set up the keypads in HSM.

If after I did all that I still was having problems I would either throw in the towel :wink: or start a new post in Get Started/Broken Code, tag Mike Maxwell and mention all the steps you performed to start from scratch.

Thanks Denise...I actually removed HSM and all the keypads this morning about 3 AM reset all and did all of that before I finally made my initial post about the problem earlier this morning and yet I still ended up with same problem as when I started...that's when I decided to post wondering if maybe there was a bug in the update as I said before it was all working a few days ago.

I'm a "Hoobie-newbie" here & I think I'm about to throw in the towel on Hubitat with Iris keypads...I'll fool with it some more tonight when I get home as it is rather frustrating...wife is disgusted & ready for me to just get Ring keypads and pay for their monitoring service for security--and a happy wife is a happy life. :slight_smile:

I'll try a bit more on it when I get home from work tonight. Thanks again.

Ok, I took it to "parade rest"--deleted HSM & started over but did not remove keypads. Started configuring HSM as before with the same settings for AWAY as I had earlier...that is ON button will arm AWAY on all keypads.

Next, instead of configuring NIGHT for the PARTIAL button, this time I only configured HOME for the PARTIAL button whereas before I configured PARTIAL to be NIGHT.

Now all 5 keypads work fine--that is "code + ON" sets to AWAY while "code + PARTIAL" sets to HOME.
"code + OFF" disarms either mode just as normal.

Why it will not work for me if I choose NIGHT instead of HOME I have no idea...it's working now & I'm not fooling with it anymore tonight...plus wife has forbid me to fool with security settings at 3 AM anymore under any circumstances because of the siren. :slight_smile:
Thank you all for the replies.

2 Likes

The last paragraph was the reason for the "like." I've accidentally set something wrong and my wife has gotten an ear full of siren noise as well.

What is PANIC mode on the Iris keypads? Is this supposed to make the siren sound such as the Utilitech Siren I use in HSM or does it just make the keypads beep loud? On the V2 keypads nothing "beeps" when I press PANIC but on a V3 Iris Keypad a siren-like noise comes from the keypad but not from the Utilitech Strobe/Siren. Is PANIC supposed to sound off the "main house" siren used in HSM? I do have "Enable Panic" slider turn on in keypad device settings.

If not, is there a way to do this as wife wants to press PANIC button & sound main sirens if something scares her when I'm not home at night to scare off someone. I remember a post about a Centralite keypad having "badge symbols" to push for panic...will these sound main siren or is it too just a built in little beeper?

I can't help you with a V3 keyboard. The thing that might help is not the keypad, but one of the Iris smart buttons. One of those could be configured to serve as a PANIC button. Since she could keep the button close by her, it would likely be better than having to make her way to a keypad to try to set off an alarm.

Thanks StephenH...I had thought of using a button to set off the alarm but have yet to try it as I have an Iris Care Button but can't get it to do anything.

On the Iris V2 Keypads I have 5 of them and 1 of V3 keypad.

On the V2 keypads, can you tell me what PANIC is actually supposed to do if you press the button and you also have the slider "panic enabled" turned on? I assume it is suppoed to make the keypad beep, but nothing happens on any of my 5 V2 keypads...only on the V3 keypad when I press the panic button.

I think there is an issue with the V2 keypad sounds. Hold down the #2 button to increase the volume. It tends to be turned down. The problem is that it seems to turn itself back down when the keypad buttons are used. This is a known issue. I have not tried the panic button. I'll have to do so when I get a chance while my wife is out of the house so she does not have to listen to the siren if it goes off.

The Iris Care Button is not on the List of Supported Devices. so it is not surprising that it does not work. The 3460-L Smart Buttons do work.

I tried the pushing the Panic Button tonight on an Iris V2 using the builtin Iris V2 DH expecting the system to go into full intrusion mode, all I got was the Iris V2 alarm sound. Tested with the system Armed and Disarmed.

FWIW my newly released Nyckelharpa app will trigger an instant alarm when panic is pushed and the system is armed. When the system is disarmed it attempts to arm the system then trigger the intrusion alert

Has anyone figured out a permanent solution to the keypad sounds on the V2s?

With the latest platform updates, I have been getting sounds from the keypad. I find that if I use the app or the smart fob to arm/disarm the keypad, I get sounds. I'm not sure about the latest update, but prevoiusly, if I used the keypad to arm/disarm, the sound volume would decrease and I would have to raise it again by holding down the "2" button.

My keypad is still messed up. @mike.maxwell said he was aware of the busted tones issue with the V2 keypad, but guess he's had his hands full with the 2.0.1 upgrade and the app relaese

Yeah, I feel like that was one of the last things to make the HSM/Keypad combo perfect. There have been two releases since that acknowledgement and with each one, the first thing I look for is if that was addressed... No biggie... I'm sure they will get to it... :slight_smile:

Is it possible to add a switch to the driver for those of us that have the newest firmware?to get the countdown beeps..