V1 Zigbee woes continue

We will be able to test this theory soon. I’m deploying my RV hub today and am using exclusively V1 smart plugs as routing capable devices. In addition I’ll be using a mix of V1 contact and motion, plus SmartThings 2018 moisture sensors and buttons.

Right now I have 4 V1 plugs and a V1 contact connected. I’m using Zigbee channel 23.

Now that the secret is out... It was added when I was working with them on the Zigbee fixes. :blush:

The V1 Plugs definitely repeat V1, V2 and my Orbit and a ST V5 multi. I am running only V1 repeaters now.

The routing table shows 16 routes. It’s likely that one of them is an “inactive” entry. It’s really of little use since the hub is using source routing, which contains routes for all devices. That table is not displayed.

What is useful on this page is the list of up to 16 routing neighbors or first-hop routers available to the hub. If you see a V1 plug shown there it means it’s participating as a router.

2 Likes

BEST F'ING LINK EVER!!!

(Sorry, was that too enthusiastic?) :wink:

I love all the undocumented features of this hub. I think I seriously learn something new this thing can do every. single. DAY.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder if they repeat reliably for Xiaomi. Now with the built-in tool, people without an Xbee might even be able to help verify. :slight_smile:

Yes, that actually is HTTP--Firefox is just trying to be cool (like Chrome) and cut it off. Also tried HTTPS with the same result. Firefox, Chrome, Safari, macOS, iOS, doesn't seem to matter.

2 Likes

I just feel so left-out :anguished:

1 Like

What firmware version are you on? I'm on 2.0.8 and I see the route info.

2.0.8.109 Tried on Chrome and Safari. Not a big deal as I still have the Xbees.

That's weird. I'm using Brave (Chromium based) and I can see it fine. You haz a broken browser. lol

Ooohhhh, I wonder if the fact that it's returning as text/plain could be an issue? I don't have a Mac based system to test that theory on though.

1 Like

I'm on a Win10 desktop

Hmmmmm... Well, now you have me curious. I'll have to see if I have a Win10 image somewhere to test now.

You and be both. Happens on all three of my hubs (C3, C4, and C5, though only hte C5 has an active Zigbee radio so I wasn't sure what to expect for the rest). Also have an Xbee so it doesn't matter so much, but I suspect Hubitat will show me friendly names instead of MACs and DNIs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly. It is a pain looking up addresses!

1 Like

There isn't one

Happens to me on one of my C4's (the other one works) and my C5 which has the Zigbee radio deactivated so wasn't expecting it to work anyway.

Tested using Windows & Linux Chrome/Firefox browsers...

Very cool info on my one C4 though. Not sure why the second one isn't working.

Fail Zigbee network crashed again, it ran nicely for about 24 hours. XTCU does not find a coordinator now and all of the V1 outlets are no longer Repeaters. All of the ZB devices are gone and unresponsive. This all happened at the same time.

I can join a new contact sensor, but it responds once then goes unresponsive.

Reboot no help.

Powered off for 10 minutes and still no coordinator. Thoughts?

Patrick had advised channel 25 at one point. Is 20 preferred or do they afford the same benefits?

I'm on 20. 20 is in between 2.4 wifi channels.

I'm on ch 20 with no issues but 25 is good too