V1 Zigbee woes continue

So my zigbee network troubleshooting continues:

Cleanup:
Using Zigbee channel 21
Change my 2.4G Wi-fi to channel 1
Removed all mains powered devices from power
Removed most batteries - some require too much effort and I don't think this is that important.

Trial Install:
Installed V1 plugs - Just enough to repeat to far away devices
Installed Batt devices in the distant areas, one V1 and one newer zigbee
Installed a V1 and a V2 mid distance that should use a V1 plug as a repeater, but can reach the hub when the repeater is gone.

The install is running now. From the Zigbee logs it looks like the V2 and newer Zigbee devices are not using the V1 repeaters. I'm not sure what the endpointSource and Destination mean but it looks like a 1 is straight to the hub and a 2 is using a repeater???

I'm also expecting the V1 plugs to stop repeating in a few hours and the distant V1 devices will either go into a Coma or switch to a direct hub connection.

If true I will attempt similar using V2 repeaters.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I've not verified that the V1 plugs will or won't repeat standard zigbee frames, I'm not even sure they are repeaters honestly, new ground here.
There shouldn't be an issue with standard zigbee repeaters repeating for V1 devices.

I believe you should try channel 20, I personally checked the status of v1 plugs and they reported as repeaters, but I did not test further to see if they actually repeats anything in the mesh. I will take a look, they been a couple of days connected now.

They are repeating, only V1 signal. Why channel 20? Also anyone know : I'm not sure what the endpointSource and Destination mean but it looks like a 1 is straight to the hub and a 2 is using a repeater???

It's a better channel

c995f9889f6d3b48dee27ea3106fccd8ea0df204_2_690x369

I answered this in the other thread you posted asking the same thing.

Yeah Ch20 makes sense. May as well give it every opportunity to work. Even though my wifi was ch1 can't control the neighbors.

It sure looks like changing to ch20 made a difference. Hard to tell but from the RSSI values it appears as though V1 and V2 devices are now being repeated through the V1 plugs. The RSSI values of the devices now match the repeaters RSSI.

Got to try to gen the XCTU program running to I can see what's happening. Would be nice if HE could generate maps or at least some sort of routing table.

I just make one v1 plug repeat to a v2 keypad, channel 20

How are you checking that?

XCTU :wink:

Http://hubip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

11 Likes

Thanks, link saved

Is this new? I just tried it on 2.0.8.109 (latest I can find on my C-5; if .110 is supposed to be available, I still don't see it after a reboot) and it gives me raw HTML on all browsers and devices i've tried with "error 500" buried somewhere in the text. But sounds neat! :smiley:

109 is what I'm seeing on my 4.
It worked for me but I plugged in my hub's dns name not the IP.

Hubip, is the ip address of your hub, not the name hubip....

Do you have a link for the same data for z-wave?

I guess I don't know how to read the data on the info page.

I have more zigbee devices than are listed on there. So what about the ones I have in hubitat (and are working fine) but aren't on that info screen?

I have ~12 water sensors and 3 keen vents that don't show on that info screen at all. Since they work, I'm not real worried about it. Just an observation.

I should have been clear that the actual IP address is, indeed, what I tried (despite over a dozen people clicking on the actual link above :laughing:).

and you tried what you have in the address bar w/http:// in front? looks like it is opening the link as a file (?).