[This forum won't let me add a screen shot or link, so bear with me please]
I would like to send a notification to the mobile app when motion is detected. Another post has exactly what I want to do. See the screen shot in the first post here:
Here's where I'm at in Rule Machine 4.0:
- named the rule:
Motion Detected Rule
- added a trigger event:
Motion Sensor *changed*
- added a condition action:
IF (Motion Sensor active) THEN
- now I'm ready to add another action to send the notification
- the drop-down list for Select Action Type to add has these items only:
Control Switches, Push Buttons
Set Dimmers and Bulbs
Send, Speak or Log a Message, Send HTTP Request
Set Mode or Variables, Run Custom Action
Set Private Boolean, Run/Cancel/Pause Rules
Capture/Restore, Device Refresh or Polling
Delay or Repeat Actions, Wait
However, I'm stuck because I don't see any way to add the Notify action for my phone.
What should I choose, or have I missed something? Need some hand-holding.
Thanks for your help!
- running firmware 126.96.36.199
- I have the Hubitat app installed on my phone.
- In the device page for the phone, I set the deviceNotification text and successfully received the notification on the phone.