USB-C UPS designed by the community for Hubitat

Because they don't switch between sources fast enough to keep the hub from resetting, and they kill the batteries by charging them to 100% continuously.

UPS's and Powerbanks are designed for very different use cases.

6 Likes

↑↑ This is when you hobby has gone way too far

1 Like

Following along. I'll leave the electronics to others (it may as well be magic), but I'd be happy to help with the case design and 3D printing mock ups or graphic design, if needed for some reason.

1 Like

I only have 2 remotes. Must be nice to have four. LOL

1 Like

I couldn’t help but notice the nice greenery outside the window… I’m a bit jealous about that… it’s very white, and cold here…

2 Likes

It’s apparently summer here, you wouldn’t have known it the other day tho.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning, I was about to say how nice it is here with temps in the 70's under a clear blue sky. Now I won't do that. :wink:

Considering case design...are we considering building in mount points (on the back/bottom) for it to be easily wall/desk mounted? That would be nice.

2 Likes

You're one short.

6 Likes

Warning: somewhat OT, but I've always thought of another secondary monitor above the primary one but don't your necks hurt?

2 Likes

Can't be good to stare at for a long time. Hopefully more used for quick status check on something, or when they kick back, put their feet up on their keyboards, and watch some movies. :smiley:

2 Likes

Work:
I use it for items that I'm just going to occasionally glance at. Like main Outlook window and/or chat. If I need to focus on something, I pull it down.

Not work:
I usually keep my music playlist up there.

5 Likes

Nice! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I only use it for those times I cant fit everything onto my 43" monitor. I found this worked better than having it to the side.

PS, mine is sitting back closer to the wall than my 43" which makes it easier to look at.

2 Likes

Hi all, just a note that I’m going in for hand surgery on Monday, so this project will be paused for a bit. I’ll pass my KiCad file to @JohnRob to play with in the mean time.

4 Likes

Hope it is a speedy and uneventful recovery!

4 Likes

Thanks, me too!

1 Like

All the best Derek.

2 Likes

Thanks Mate.

1 Like

Get well soon!

2 Likes

Cheers, I’m not unwell, it’s just carpal tunnel repair surgery.

5 Likes