Upgraded to C8 having issues with custom Zigbee drivers and general stability

Most everything went Ok with upgrade from C7 to C8 but the zigbee devices are causing issues most of the Aqara stuff won't stay paired. Are the drivers that were available from Markus still useable it appears they are not supported any longer. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Besides the new P1 motion sensor, what other Aqara devices are you using?

I have an older aqara motion as well thats the one I am having issues with, and several buttons and one door contact sensor all aqara Older version , I have several Smarthing motion they work fine, and also a Hue motion it works fine, the P1 aqara is working its the older version of aqara I am struggling with.

1 Like

OK, you need to specify exactly one of the Aqara devices that you have problem with.
Let's start with the older Aqara motion sensor.

When referring to a Zigbee device, it is identified by it's model, manufacturer and software (application) version. All this can be found in the device web page Data section.

Please try to select, copy and paste as a text (not as a screenshot!) this information. It should look similar to this example :

Summary
  • endpointId: 01
  • aqaraModel: RTCGQ11LM
  • driver: v1.0.1.1123
  • inClusters: 0000,FFFF,0406,0400,0500,0001,0003
  • manufacturer: LUMI
  • model: lumi.sensor_motion.aq2
  • outClusters: 0000,0019
  • softwareBuild: 3000-0001
1 Like

FWIW, in my test Aqara mesh (all older devices), stability depended on the devices pairing through an Aqara-compatible repeater/router. Devices that were direct child devices of the C-8 would fall off.

So my recommendation is to leave the zigbee power at 8 dBi, and use the default antenna.

2 Likes

Here's what I get
Works with models RTCGQ01LM & RTCGQ11LM.. That's the type

• application:
  • manufacturer:
  • model: null

also the radio and antenna on the c8 is set to the default values I did not make any changes to that, these worked great on the C7

Your device is not paired successfully to the hub.
You should not have the model and the manufacturer empty or null.

Did you use the migration from C7 to C8, or you transferred all the devices one by one manually?

Used the migration, then when I couldn't get it to work I removed it did a factory reset on the device and reinstalled it again

So on the P1 version it works as advertised and Had no issue with it,

• application: 06
  • aqaraModel: RTCGQ14LM
  • inClusters: 0000,0001,0003,FCC0
  • model: lumi.motion.ac02
  • outClusters: 0003,0019,FCC0
  • softwareBuild: 0.0.0_0006

The easiest way to reinstall it again is to delete it completely from HE (click on the device web page "REMOVE DEVICE" button at the bottom right), and then pair it again as a new device, close to the C-8 hub. After the pairing, check whether the model and the manufacturer data is not empty.
If any of these is empty, try pairing again and again, until you see the manufacturer: LUMI and the motion sensor model. Without this data, the device will not work.

Also when reinstalling it was very difficult to recognize, it took several attempts. I am using the
/**

I have done that several times I will give another go,

1 Like

The driver is not critical .. You can use either Markus's driver of the P1 driver, both should work.
But the model and the manufacturer data must be filled in during the Zigbee pairing to C-8.

Another tip: get a fresh cell battery and put it inside the motion sensor, for the pairing process only.
If the sensor pairs successfully, then you can remove the fresh new battery and put the old one. It may work for another year in normal motion detection operation, but may have problems during the initial Zigbee pairing, because at this time there is a very intensive communication and some older batteries can not withstand it.

Ok so I have tried again I get it to recognize it then it spins and gives me this error message

Looks like you’re having trouble pairing your device. Please perform a factory reset before attempting to pair the device again. If the device still won’t pair after factory reset, please review the best practices for building a solid Zigbee mesh.

Markus's driver prints this error message, because the driver sees that manufacturer/model data is missing.

I paired one of Xiaomi sensor to my C-8 now, will see if it will stay connected in the next days.
It is paired directly to the C-8 hub, no repeaters.

Summary
  • application:
  • aqaraModel:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,FFFF,0019
  • model: lumi.sensor_motion
  • outClusters: 0000,0004,0003,0006,0008,0005,0019
  • softwareBuild: 3000-0001

So after 3 attempts I got it to pair and it still is not responding

• application:
  • manufacturer:
  • model: lumi.sensor_motion.aq2

I used this trick: change the driver to the HE inbuilt driver named 'Device'. Keep the device page open in one tab in the browser. Do not delete it.

In another tab, pair the sensor again.

In a third tab of the browser, look at the device live logs. As soon as you see debug logs showing during tha pairing process, switch to the device page and click on 'Get Info' button.
If you see a debulg log 'fingerprint ' with all the data ( model and manufacturer), this means the pairing is successful.

Switch to the driver that you normally use with this device and click on Initialize or Configure.

1 Like

No go, new battery, I will remove it again and give a try in a while this one is frustrating and it might not be worth the pain too bad it worked rock solid on the C7,