Updated to 2.2.2.123 now my Schlage BE469ZP CAM 716 only locks manually

Ah, yeah, forgot that.

So simple, I'll buy a C7 hub and ship it to you. Why didn't you think of this already? :wink:

2 Likes

I like that idea.. maybe you can discount if you buy two.. send one to me so no one can call you a hoarder. Lol..

1 Like

It's generous people like you that make the world a better place... :wink:

Hey, @bcopeland ...we need you here, please. :slight_smile:

@hotarobin - check your pm

IT WORKS!!

So it's the built in driver that needed to be changed in the new FW?

Thanks much
Anson

1 Like

Please share the fix here for others...unless its' double-secret probation secret. :wink:

Will leave April (solution provider) to update this thread.

@april.brandt ...yoo-hoo. :wink:

one thing that I notices though is that the lock doesn't seem to give a consistent update to the Hub anymore. for example I have an autolock rule and after the rule executes and activates the lock, the web interface doesn't always update to reflect that the lock is in locked state. When this happens Alexa will also report that the door is unlocked when the door is actually locked.

I have to actually have to go click lock in the browser and go through the motion of activating the lock to update the interface.

The solution is still the same. Change the driver to a generic lock driver then change back. We just did it in a different way.

1 Like

Change back to the native driver.

1 Like

ok this is getting stranger and stranger...the native driver doesn't work....switched back to the user driver and it works straight away...

I assume that the driver is identical based on your instructions? so why doesn't it work? very strange indeed...

when you switch you need to configure then spin the lock a few times by hand. I'm unsure of why because it is the exact same driver.

ok I did everything you instructed. I even removed the barreries, etc, etc - that native drive will not work. Switched to the user driver and it works immediately.

well at least I can stay on the most recent FW so maybe I will try switching to the native driver on the next FW update and see if that works.

thanks very much for your help April.

Cheers
Anson

yes, try that. I will reach out and see if we can get this looked at again.

Something is wrong with the latest firmware I think. I don't see anything in live logging when hitting "configure" anymore on all 3 of my locks that were working previously.

1 Like

did you ever find a solution for this?

What hub? My C7 does show response when I configure. Using Schlage driver w/BE469 Z-wave. Posted above:

This is on a C4 hub. Same problem with my two garage door openers too so must have something to do with secure devices. @mike.maxwell @bcopeland thoughts?

2 Likes

Same exact symptom I see here.

Sort of. Roll back the firmware. Find one that works. I am currently on 2.2.3.144