Updated to 2.2.2.123 now my Schlage BE469ZP CAM 716 only locks manually

updated to 2.2.2.123 now my Schlage BE469ZP CAM 716 only locks manually.

All rules no longer work and I can't send any instructions to the device. However I can request the status of the Lock via the Hubitat Web Interface and Alexa and it is accurate.

The upgrade was the ONLY thing that changed.

I'm on 2.2.123 and have a schlage BE469 and my locks (I have 3 zwave locks) are still going strong. Might I suggest safely shutting down your hub and unplug the stick for a minute or two then replace and turn back on and then running a zwave repair if you haven't done so. It might appear that perhaps something has affected your mesh network. If those steps fail, then you might need to look at your mesh.

thanks much... Prior to you telling me this I tried reverting to a previous version of the FW and it's been stuck on 30% for almost hours and the device is stuck on the blue light....hoping that it isn't bricked...

tagging @bobbyD

ok I was able to reset the device, apply update 2.2.2.125 and restore the database from a few day ago. I was also able to run a Z-Wave repair. All that but to no avail.

I can see the status of the lock in the Habitat Web interface if I change the state of the lock physically. Alexa also reports back the correct state. It's just that I cannot change the state from either the Web Interface nor Alexa so I am not inclicned to think that it's a mesh issue.

What driver are you using?, and with debug logging enabled are you seeing anything in the live logs?

My schlage lock has done this a few a times. If a battery pull and repair doesn't get it going only fix I found was to exclude and repair. It has not happened in some time.

1 Like

I honestly am not sure how to determine the driver but I chose Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock from the dropdown in the device list when I first instsalled it. What I was able to do was downgrade from 2.2.2.125 to 2.2.2.16 and everything is working again. I did absolutely nothing physically to the lock itself.

So at this point it appears that the lock does not work with firmwares 2.2.2.123 & 2.2.2.125.

Do you mean that the lock works with 2.2.2.116?, there is no version 2.2.2.16

@hotarobin, I don't know if you got your lock issue figured out, and i notice that @april.brandt and @mike.maxwell both have commented, and they both know far more than I. But I wanted to offer my little bit of input as i've had a similar issue on a previous HE update. It drove me bananas, but I simply changed my type in HE for my BE469 lock to a generic Z-Wave device, saved it, then went back into the device and changed it back to the Schlage BE469/BE469 Lock type, saved it, then did a Z-Wave repair (just for safe measures) and after that I left it alone for a while (had a squirrel moment making dinner). After I went back to looking into it, everything just auto-magically was working. As I said, I consider myself a royal NOOB to HE and would totally defer to Mike or April but I at least wanted to post a comment in hopes it may help.

Happy Hubitat-ing. Cheers

1 Like

Hi

All is working again once I downgraded from 2.2.2.125 to 2.2.2.116. I didn't have to do anything else. All of my lock related rules are working again, etc.

Cheers
Anson

(apologies for the typo) that is correct Mike the lock works with FW 2.2.2.116 and not 2.2.2.123 or 2.2.2.125.

I will stay on FW 2.2.2.116 until advised differently.

Regards
Anson

quick update:

I updated to 2.2.2.126 as I noticed that it was released yesterday and still no joy. I removed the batteries from my lock and hit the reset button or reconfigure button (the red button) but none of that worked.

I reverted to 2.2.2.116 and all is well again with immediate effect.

quick update:

I updated to 2.2.3.145 and still no joy. I removed the batteries from my lock and hit the reset button or reconfigure button (the red button) but none of that worked.

I reverted to 2.2.2.116 which is the last working FW for me and all is well again and with immediate effect. I don't need to remove batteries or reset, etc. As soon as I revert and the device completes the boot process the lock immediately works.

WHEN IS THIS ISSUE GOING TO BE FIXED? I FEEL LIKE IT HAS BEEN FORGOTTEN....

Please advise.

To fix the issue, change the driver to another lock driver and save and configure. Then change the driver back to the correct driver and save and configure. It's worked for me and I'm on 2.2.3.135.

Out of curiosity, do you have a repeating device that supports beaming? The Schlages need a beaming repeater to work reliably.

1 Like

I assume that you are referring to the above.

If this is the case I did this twice before based on private advice and it didn't work.

Thanks for your support and input.

Cheers
Anson

You did not answer my question. Did you actually change the driver to the generic lock driver save and refresh and then back again save and refresh? After you have to go and reboot the lock. Remove batteries for a few seconds and re-insert. Give the lock a few spins by hand. Or did you just click save device and refresh? This IS the fix. It's worked for several people, including myself and the instructions came directly from the developers. If it is not working for you, then it's not the firmware giving you issue. It's something with your mesh. You also did not answer my question about a repeater with beaming. Do you have one?

correction - save and configure not refresh

1 Like

Yes I have two repeaters: Monoprice Z-Wave Plus Smart Plug and Repeater with 2 USB Ports

my locks were experiencing connectivity issues when I first set up my mesh and with these that went away completely. One is installed close to the lock and the other closer to the hub and the distance between the two are approx 20 ft.

Yes I did what you outlined....BUT I will try it once again and report back....I am hoping that I overlooked something..

.....stay tuned.

TIA
Anson

So I tried it once again exactly as you outlined abour but it simply doesn't work. I reverted to my previous FW and bingo it works fine again.

This is crazy indeed but I do not see how the issue can be my lock or repeater.....the only changing variable is the FW.

This one is truly baffling.

Cheers
Anson

You have to use "Configure" after you save the new driver change. Refresh won't do it.