Updated to 2.2.2.123 now my Schlage BE469ZP CAM 716 only locks manually

ok I did everything you instructed. I even removed the barreries, etc, etc - that native drive will not work. Switched to the user driver and it works immediately.

well at least I can stay on the most recent FW so maybe I will try switching to the native driver on the next FW update and see if that works.

thanks very much for your help April.

Cheers
Anson

yes, try that. I will reach out and see if we can get this looked at again.

Something is wrong with the latest firmware I think. I don't see anything in live logging when hitting "configure" anymore on all 3 of my locks that were working previously.

1 Like

did you ever find a solution for this?

What hub? My C7 does show response when I configure. Using Schlage driver w/BE469 Z-wave. Posted above:

This is on a C4 hub. Same problem with my two garage door openers too so must have something to do with secure devices. @mike.maxwell @bcopeland thoughts?

2 Likes

Same exact symptom I see here.

Sort of. Roll back the firmware. Find one that works. I am currently on 2.2.3.144

Thanks.. I don't see 144 on my version to roll back to. You must be on the beta list. I went back to 135 and it didn't go away. I emailed support about it so now I wait.

Nope. That was a very recent, but short lived update. In that other thread I linked above, I think it was .135 that broke it, and .142 that worked for me.

What update are you on, and what do you have available?

I am rooting for you guys. I transferred everything to a C7 and have not seen any more issues. Sometimes the hard part is convincing someone there is a problem to be fixed. I hope you get it all sorted!

1 Like

I have 142 and 135 and 129 ( previous version) on my list to roll back. I tried 142 but didn't fix it.

@mike.maxwell. since this device is not supported anymore I was wondering if you would considering releasing the driver to the public repo

I would like to try to add a few commands supported by these locks. There is no way I could spin up an entire driver but I could likely get a few commands working.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

2 Likes

which commands?, and to which driver?

@mike.maxwell

I was hoping to enable the toggle for the built in auto lock function. As well as the toggle for the alarm settings built into the lock.

Also I would like to respond to tamper events with notifications through hubitat.

I don't know if I would be able to accomplish it all, but you dont know if you dont try.

Thanks again

3 Likes

It would be super sweet if this could also track a "state" for the last action.

Unlock Person (by name, not code number)
Unlock Physical (i.e., from the inside)
Unlock Digital (i.e. from the hub)
Lock Keypad (i.e., from the outside)
Lock Physical (i.e., from the inside)
Lock Digital (i.e., from the hub)

There are some exceptionally cool things that can be done (auto arming, etc) with the lock, but you really need to be able to tell how the device was last changed.

1 Like

Agreed this lock has much more potential. Initially we used the generic zwave lock driver for it, so staff did not want to add the extra features. Then they spun up the dedicated driver and I asked for these features a few times, but it didnt happen. Now it is officially unsupported so was hoping i could get the code to try and add it myself.

Not sure what you mean by unsupported. By the hubitat team? If so why?

At some point @mike.maxwell had some big issues with the different firmware's of this lock if I recall corectly. From what I understand it was removed form the officially supported list.

Edit. I just realized my c7 hub has decided to quit controlling it again...

2 Likes

ahh thanks.. I'm wondering why we are not seeing any commands/traffic in the log when doing anything to the lock at all. It's like the firmware is not actually talking to the driver.

1 Like

these items are already contained within events, to the extent that the lock is capable of producing all of them.
As an example, most locks aren't capable of determining if the lock was manually unlocked from the inside thumb turn vs the exterior key.

events from a kwikset lock: