[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

Is there a way to reset icon cache? I updated an icon in illustrator, but after removing it and added it back to the tile it pulls the old icon still.

I removed the text creating the dotted lines from under the dryer, but they remain.

Never mind, I made another change and it updated.

EDIT: Is there anyway to add a configuration line above, or move lines down? I want to add the total cost at the top. Right now I think the only way to do that is to rebuild the entire tile. (not as huge deal still learning how to use it all)

Unfortunately you cannot ā€˜insertā€™ an extra line

First off, thank you for the awesome app. My donation will be forthcoming.

Would it be possible at some point to have the app treat 'Groups' as an object that be used with on/off icon. I find if I set a 'device icon' 'light' or 'switch' and tie it to a group it gives "null". Instead I have to choose each light in a group to make on/off work.

This I usually set rules/dash/such to 'groups' to make replacement easier.

I do not know how HE treats groups/devices, so this might be a dumb question and flat 'No dummy' is fine. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Ok last pipe dream question/request. Can the tiles VD be given an action (pushed) that could be acted on in RM?

Use case I have this tile that shows Outdoor light that should be off most of the time. They they were on and I pushed the "button" I would like them all to go off. Make the tile even more useful than it currently is.

You are welcome, Iā€™m glad you find it useful.
A donation is not necessary

Have a look at ā€˜Average Allā€™
This app can ā€˜groupā€™ a number of switches (lights or contacts or even motion sensors) and present it as a single virtual device which could be used in Supertiles (this does not stop them being in any other kind of grouping app)
(E.g. if any switches in a group are on then is shows on - only showing off when they are ALL off)
You could add you lights to an ā€˜AAā€™ group and put that on a supertile as an indicator that they are all off (or at least one is on)

I donā€™t plan to add switching to supertiles.
It can be done by using maker api and ā€˜hidingā€™ the resulting page with an iframe but I donā€™t really like the way this works.
Until HE gives us an actionable attribute tile or similar this probably wonā€™t happen for supertiles

Andy

Can it do music players or shades? (for another poster)

Not sure of the question :slight_smile:

Supertile can show any attribute that any device has.
Average All does not group shades (but I could probably add that - along with the locks that someone asked me about)

ā€˜Speaker Centralā€™ can ā€˜groupā€™ speakers for TTS

and given out of appreciation, not requirement.

Sorry I did not fully understand the app before commenting. I was thinking it was more like "Groups" where I could base rules/dash tiles on the VD and have all devices (even if only a single device) listen to the command.

Example - If all my "music players" (Sonos) where in AA Group, and I told the group to "volume up" using the music player tile, they would all increase. As it is now if a music player is on a dash icon and I turn it up it will only turn up that one device. I can do it via RM and "button", but it would be nice if my dash "music player" controlled the entire "group".

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

@Cobra. This looks incredible. Are you still accepting registration requests? I have attempted to register but keep getting denied.

Jim
the registration is open
Please try and register again and I'll look at your account.

Andy

Hello
Why did you refuse my registration?

Hi, please see your email reply.

1 Like

Hi @Cobra I just noticed this warning which popped up in the event logs a few days ago

" [warn]App Released - Continuing now.."

although both parent and child apps appear to be up to date. What does it mean?

It's just some debug logging I forgot to take out and it can be ignored

Andy

1 Like

No worries - thanks!

Might be a dumb question, but is this only for displaying content, and not for controlling devices? I'm not seeing an obvious way to actually toggle my locks/switches.

1 Like

Exactly that yes. :wink: Very handy.

Thanks!

1 Like

stumbled upon this thread while trying to find a way to customize the tile. Would like to try this and already register from https://cobra-apps.co.uk/. Thanks in advance @Cobra if you can approve my request

I've just stumbled upon this thread and it looks like an app I've been looking for...! I've also just requested access to the cobra site. @Cobra -- please let me know if you need anything more before approval. TIA!