[Updated] Super Tile - Icons have arrived! :)

Work on this app is, unfortunately, on hold atm as I’m working on other things.

I see your working on other things but when you come back to this app it would be great if you could configure colors for things like Temps like you said, Switches, Lights, Locks, Garage doors, Presence, Contacts, ... However would this too add a lot to the character limit like the icons do?
Red=Off, Unlocked, Open, Away, Open
Yellow or Green=On,Locked, Closed, Present, Closed

Thanks

Don’t know if you saw my post above re what I’m doin with icons? I use black icons for inactive/closed/off/away, and colored icons for active/open/on/present. You could use red and green icons.

1 Like

Hey @Cobra, For the last week or so my presence ones haven't been working.
They are on the right one in super tiles, but just refuse to change icon colour.
If I delete the tile and add it back they are still wrong.
(Both are set to X all home).

I need some more information to be able to help.
Please turn on debug logging in both the app and the device.
Did everything work ok until now?
Have you installed something or changed something since it last worked?
If you use a browser can you see the correct icons when using the configured urls?

Andy

Sure thing. Will turn debug on when I get home (at 237pm she left, when she got home at 307pm the tile changed to present (green icon) - but I was watching for that this time - yes, I refreshed the browser to make sure the state wasnt cached previously).
Yeah, everythings been working so far. Nope, haven't changed anything for over a week now (at a stalemate waiting for devices to be delivered lol).
Yeah - they are not showing up as broken links, they are both there.
When I get home i'll screenshot my tile changed,no ones there now. The mode is governed by presence and I have presence set to "X all home" so I know its not the presence app as pushover is saying its all working.

I was going to turn debug on when I got home but the icons changed to the right ones.
Then this morning the mrs left and returned, no issue. She just left then and it stopped working.

and now it works again.. lol :man_shrugging:

What do you have the refresh set to?

auto refresh interval is set to 30 seconds, should i change it ?

No, that’s fine

I just found out about the limitation if characters, then found out that the icon files links are included in the character count.

I have been uploading to my google photos but the address are very long so two switches in and I've exceeded the character limit. Where is a good place to upload images to or are people linking to websites that may remove the photos?

I think most people will be using a personal web server.
This could be local on a rpie using something like HFS.

There are also a couple of website that will ‘shorten’ urls for you
Try a google search for ‘short urls’
I’ve not tried it but I don’t see why it won’t work

Andy

Thanks. I tried that but unfortunately it wouldn't do the google photos links (well goo.gl didn't anyway).

I'll look into a personal Web server although not so keen on rpi. I have a pc always on though.

Maybe I should have tried a little harder. Seems goo.gl doesn't shorten their own url. but bitly shortened them to like 10x shorter (literally)

There you go. Glad you got something working.

A feature suggestion (unless I haven't noticed this in my limited time with super tiles) is to have a function when you click a super tile. Either it can trigger a switch, then have rule machine do the rest, or perhaps just a dashboard link (so my light status will go to my light dashboard).

I would love to be able to provide this.
Unfortunately, the nature of an attribute tile means that it is not possible

Unless @patrick would like to make me a 'Universal' type tile that can perform actions as well as display attributes
(or give me the code to his tiles :wink:)

Andy

3 Likes

In theory...
You could use a text box and put html in there as a link to a dashboard
Not tested it though!

Andy

1 Like