[Updated] Presence Central

Unfortunately Scott when installing into Cobra Apps for the first time you will need to recreate your installation of Presence Central., then delete the old installation.

Andy

That is NOT what I wanted to read..... uggg

Do you really want to use the Cobra Apps parent container, or do you just want to have the updated version of the app? If it's the latter, the Presence Central parent app (and all of the Cobra app parent apps, not to be confused with the Cobra Apps parent app :laughing: ) have a line like parent: "Cobra:Cobra Apps" that you can just delete or comment out. That's what I've been doing to avoid needing to re-create my apps inside the parent app.

It's failing since the devices I'm sending to don't support setVolume().

[error] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'setVolume' is not supported by device. on line 1502 (checkPresenceAgain)

What device are you using?

It's the Alexa TTS device from this thread:

Does is have any volume command or do I just need to not send a volume command?

Nope, just speak(). The capability reference doesn't list any volume-related commands for SpeechSynthesis either.

OK
I have added an in-app switch to NOT send the volume command.
Just turn this off if you don't want to set the volume level
I can't test this correctly as I don't have the device.
Please let me know if it doesn't work for you (or if it does! :slight_smile:)

V3.6.0 of the child uploaded to github.

Andy

Working great! Thanks, Andy.

1 Like

I'm having error like this
Metadata Error: Parent App 'Cobra:Cobra Apps' not found on line 53

when I try to save, always happening for this line

definition(

Any quick fix?

You can do one of two things..
Install the ‘Cobra Apps’ container or you can comment out (by putting // in front of it ) line 53

Hubitat.uk

Andy

What do you mean by this?
I understand The 2nd option

The cobra apps container is an app that holds all the other apps

If you install that first you can then install other apps from there (but you need to install the parent/child code first)

Have a look on this website: http://hubitat.uk for installation help

It is actually better to comment out the line as shown because I will stop supporting the Cobra Apps container soon.

Andy

still go an error

unexpected token: Presence Central @ line 54, column 11.

I'm sorry, I told you the wrong line number
(My version has different lines numbers )

comment out this line in the parent app only

parent: "Cobra:Cobra Apps", // ******** Comment this out if not using the 'Cobra Apps' container ***************

In the Presence Central parent that is on GitHub it's line 60

Andy

I have presence central setup and i think I have it mostly right except if I'm home and it's day , and it becomes night.

I have set up afterr sunset - it should change mode to evening if group 2 is true. (someone home).

But I don't think it will trigger unless someone arrives is that right ? It doesn't seem to trigger if someone is already home.

Not sure how to accomplish this. I'd greatly appreciate advise

Thank you

Hi there

Correct! Presence Central only reacts to presence triggers.
It will not change modes for evening etc if someone is home already, this is because it can only change things when presence changes.

I have another app 'Modes Plus' which can change mode after sunset.
You can restrict this by presence..
So, you could configure for sunset but only if someone is home

Andy

Ah I use that app but missed I could do that. Thank you. I had built a rule but would prefer to use your app

No Probs
I usually find apps (if they do what you want) are easier to use than rules.
I don't actually have rule machine installed on any of my hubs :slight_smile:

Andy