[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Looks good!
Merci Beaucoup

2 Likes

agreed this looks good.. HPM need a better updates discription. If you have Org and now 2023 Ver installed. You have to jump through hopps to get this sorted out. The reason you would want both so you pull up your apps, rules, etc and have both devices side by side to migrate. I was able to get this sorted (i think) but it wasn't easy.

For today, while the community is getting confidence, yes, I think people will try and have both installed. Longer term though, I suggest taking a photo of "your apps, rules, etc" for the side-by-side and uninstall the old, install the new.

HPM sees them as Identical. Therefore an uninstall offers two, identical choices. I tried this and picked the first one, since I installed the old first.. the uninstall ran perfectly leaving behind the OLD. :crazy_face:
Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 4.59.06 PM

1 Like

De rien

2 Likes

I was able work around this. Set the new completely. Rules and all remove the old from applications. Uninstall it will only attempt to do this if not in use. It will fail. Go to code remove it from the and the device. It will only remove the not in use. Same thing with drivers. Unmatch in hpm both. Match again only 2023 this should resolve it. :grinning:

1 Like

Just went through the process of changing the matching in Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) from the old, no longer maintained version to the new community one. Went very well! Here are the steps I followed:

Package Manager Setting -> Remove a Matched Package (At the bottom of the screen)

Then back to HPM -> Match Up:

Then back again to HPM -> Update:

4 Likes

I just dumped MyQ. I installed a MHCOZY 1 Channel ZigBee Smart Relay Switch. I’m using it along with the Ecolink Z-Wave Garage Door Tilt Sensor that I was using for the MyQ Lite app. In place of the MyQ app, I’m using the LGK Virtual Garage Door app. It works beautifully.

4 Likes

I just dumped myq as well. It worked great when it worked, but the fact that it breaks 1-2 times yearly is getting to be a pain. Replaced it with a Zooz Zen17 with 2 reed switches. Working great so far!

1 Like

Yep, that's been my setup ever since the Z17 came out -- it's been awesome.

Why 2 reed switches?

2 garage doors

1 Like

That makes sense. I have two on each door, one for closed and one for open - but I wasn't able to get it to behave as desired (wanted to solve for "stopped" position, not fully open). Seems to work great with just the closed sensor for basic GDO operation.

Ack, I should've just edited my post instead of deleting. Yeah, the case of the door stopping midway (intentional or not) is muddy to capture.

I ended up repurposing an old Wyze cam and pointed that at the door, so I can visually check state if I'm getting any state weirdness from the contact sensors.

My full-open sensor is really only useful to confirm & alert the door bouncing back open for some reason when it was supposed to close -- I have a rule set up for that possibility.

@Sebastien Thank you for this! I've completed exactly as you've shown. I still have 2 instances of the garage door in my Devices. The first one is the original, second one is the new community version (I only know that because the first one has a 'room' showing whereas I didn't designate a room for the new one).

2 questions:

1. Should I Delete the original device?
  2. Do I need to do any updating to my automations to reflect the new device?
    Thanks so much for your help!

I find it odd that it created a new device in your system. It didn’t for me, just replaced the device code.

If you have two garage door openers devices now and want to remove one of them, first do a backup of your hub in case you need to revert back to the original setup, then check on the bottom of the device screen to ensure there aren’t any automations using it, and delete the one that doesn’t have any (or has less). If a device gets removed that has automations, it will stop the automations from working properly for the door.

when i try to find the hpm for myq, i get this error

Unexpected Error

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check [Logs]

Error: Read timed out

Cannot get property 'licenseFile' on null object

1 Like

Oh that's an easy one...

The error looks like this, right?
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.03.24 PM

And when you did the search, it looked like this, I think:
Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 8.03.35 PM

Just click on "Fast Search" and try again... it will work. :slight_smile:

For an unknown reason, the original search method using Azure's fuzzy logic is down/broken right now, but Fast Search does work.

Thanks, that worked.

New user here, I installed via HPM and controls seem to work, but the device doesn't get state updates from MyQ. Is there a way to enable this or do I have to use a separate sensor?

This. Sensor that is directly paired to Hubitat.

Also, be aware that the MyQ API has been reverse engineered and is subject to change without warning. There are several cloud-independent control options that work with Hubitat.

3 Likes