[UPDATED] - Message Central - Make your home speak

This is what I use for my daily weather report:

%greeting% ,, Here is your weather for today,,, %wnow%,, With a high of around %high% degrees ,, and a low of around %low% degrees. , Temperature is currently, %temp% degrees. , Humidity is currently, %hum% % . Wind, is from the %wdir% at %wspeed% mph, with gusts up to %wgust%. , and,, %rain%

I have not created the weather summary for the weewx driver (which is the one I'm using)

Andy

I am using your original weather device.

Which version?

Latest is v2.8.0
In this version you also have the correct icon attribute for sharptools.io etc. dashboards

I just checked the code, it does have the space in the summary so should work better

Andy

Thanks.. I'll give that a go.

I'm using this version but it gives a error when using %wsum%:

I just checked the code and it seems ok..
Did you input a weather device?

The error message is telling me that there is no input

Andy

Like this right?

Yep, like that.
I have no idea why ot is not receiving the data.
Are you using the latest version of Message Central?

Yep updated just now so i could use the container

I’ll have a look on monday to see if there is a problem with the code.
If you go into the device page does it show the latest summary?

Yep it shows the whole summary

I have a couple of rules for my fishtanks to alert me when the power drops and the pumps are running. I was thinking of combining them into Message Central. So, if the power came on, one thing would happen and if the power drops, another would. I get I could do with with two messages. I was just thinking optimally.

You could probably do it with the ‘Power’ trigger.. that one gives you the option to trigger on above or below a certain power level.

Edit: But you are correct.. it would take two rules

Andy

Is it possible to add conditions to the trigger? The weather notification seems to work now.

@mjw-tan

What do you mean?
Can you give me an example?

Andy

Well i want to play a message when a switch changes to off and there is motion.

Can you give me a use case?

Well when i wake up, i turn off a switch named "sleep state" with a button and then after i get up, motion will be detected and i want a weather report or maybe other things. Could also use the mode change and motion but i only want a message when there is motion because i might lay in bed longer :wink: