[UPDATED] - Message Central - Make your home speak

If you are using the google assistant relay then it is classed as a speechsynth device so you would need to select that. (Voice - speechsynth)
The amazon echo device is not natively supported for TTS

Andy

Thanks Cobra

If the Relay Server (RPI...) is required then that is over my head

Rick

I am getting this error. Any ideas?

app:19142018-09-18 07:45:01.769:errorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Integer#multiply.

app:19142018-09-18 07:45:01.729:debugIT'S_TIME_TO_GO_TO_SCHOOL (Childapp Version: 12.0.0) - msgDelay = null

Also getting this with sonos.

dev:11062018-09-18 08:44:43.013:errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: sonosDriver.playTrack() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, null) values: [http://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-media/sonos/dogs.mp3, 10, null] Possible solutions: playTrack(java.lang.String), playTrack(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object), playTrack(java.util.Map), nextTrack() (playTrack)

Same error as @cuboy29 using a similar rule, only started happening after 1.14 update.

I’m sorry guys,
I believe this may be a platform issue

@mike.maxwell
Mike did something happen to the methods?

Andy

no

1 Like

Ok Thanks Mike.

Guys I’ll have a little dig around and see of I can find something.

@cuboy29 as you have a sonos can you try setting the message to music player please and trying again?

@halfrican.ak, Mark, is yours set to speechsynth or music player?

Andy

Speech synthesis

And is yours a time trigger as well?

Yes it was, the rule is virtually identical.

I’m working on a few bugs at the moment,
It may be that I’ve already found this one as my code is different from the github version

Try adding these two lines:

if(msgDelay == null){state.msgDelay = 0}
else{state.msgDelay =msgDelay}

If you paste them around line 160 (so the come just after line 159 but before line 163) in the code it might fix the issue.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue

Andy

I just added these two lines and still get the same error. will have to debug later when I get home.

The code I gave you should remove this error as the app is looking for a variable ‘msgDelay’ which is used for everything except time. (Hence setting it to 0 if not set elsewhere)

I only have an ipad in front of me at the moment so it’s difficult to debug.
I’ll try and have a look in the morning.

Andy

Oh ok,, I thought it was for the dog barking. the time to go to school seems to be working. I get the voice announcement but also this error.

Also, once you enable time/day restriction, even if you disable it, it still being enforce.

@cuboy29
Ok.
The error still relates to the same missing variable.
The code I gave you yesterday should have fixed this

The restrictions page is a little bit misleading and should really be something like
‘Show restrictions’ rather that turn them on/off
I’ll have to have a rethink on the wording.

So, the app looks for the settings, if they are filled in then the restriction will apply.
So if you remove the start and end times that you filled in the restriction will be removed.

I know that there is an issue with the playing of Mp3s and a few other bugs.
When I return from from my little vacation (I’m off diving in Malta tomorrow) I’ll finish the code and release a new version.
Please bear with me for a week or so.

@halfrican.ak
Mark, did you try adding the code?
Did that work for you?

EDIT: BTW You need to save the app after making the code changes

Andy

No I haven't had a chance to try it.

Are you saying that it's not ok to resrict it by "day of week" without specifying the "start and end times" also?

In my case I want the "time for bus" announcement to occur at 8:20am on weekdays only.

I am not getting that error anymore. It was a user error.

@halfrican.ak
Sorry Mark no that is not the case
What I'm saying is if you switch on the restriction it only exposes the settings.
If you just want particular days of the week then just select them

If you decide you don't want days of the week (after configuring them) then you can't just switch the restriction off. You need to deselect the days.

Hope I explained it better this time.

Andy

I can’t find anything in weather switch for severe weather alerts. Is this something that could be added?