Update Fails Download

You should work with support to get this fixed. They have a method to get you updated. Email support@hubitat.com

1 Like

I solved it by doing the following:

• Backup Database
  • Soft Reset
  • Update Software
  • Restore Database

Different versions of the OS between backing up the database and restoring the database (which obviously was a worry) but it all worked out fine.

1 Like

I am also having the same issue of trying to update my C7 hub. I see this was an old thread but resurrected recently so I thought I would add on to it.

I have reached out to support and they have created a ticket, but asked me to search the forums for a possible solution. I have not run across any new solutions.

I am running Platform version 2.3.0.124.

I followed moonpunk's by doing a Soft Reset but this did not work.

When I perform the update, it runs, although really slow and I believe it has gotten up to 25% or so download and then displays the download failed message.

Does anyone have any other suggestions. I restored my last database so I am still up and running but would like to update given some of the improvements that the new release has.

Is it possible you have some sort of network connectivity issue with your hub?

It is connected to a wifi extender, which is probably not typical. I could hardwire it and see if that fixes the problem.

Worth a shot. You might have enough connectivity to do most normal stuff but it still croaks on a download. Though I suspect you might see other issues if that were the case.

What kind of wifi extender and network?

It is a tplink wifi extender for the 2.4 ghz network. In order to centrally locate my hub, I did not have a nearby wired connection. I can run a long ethernet cable though to test to see if that will work. I have to leave directly but will be back in a couple of hours to test it.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks using wifi extenders just as you are... but it would be helpful as a troubleshooting step for sure. I don't suppose your TPLink extender or whatever AP/router it is extending has any client stats available that would show issues like packet loss? And how far is said extender from your hub? If it's too close it's possible to have interference with zigbee, but usually the victim there is zigbee not wifi.

Sounds like is timing out. Try this to see if it helps:

Thanks to the community for giving me ideas on how to solve my issue. It indeed was the wifi extender that created my issue. I hardwired the Hubitat and performed the update. It went extremely fast and completed successfully.

Now I wonder if my wifi extender might be the cause of some of my issues like intermittent delays on turning on/off lights.

3 Likes

Only if your lights have WiFi connectivity to the hub (Lutron Caseta Hub, Hue Hub, etc.). If the lights are Z-Wave or Zigbee, no.

@mafitz2380 Right... as @672southmain mentions, it is unlikely an IP network connectivity issue would cause issues with zwave or zigbee devices. But since you mentioned it, what devices are causing delays?

PS: I hate wifi extenders!

1 Like

Yes I do have a few delay issues. I do use Alexa.. to turn off/on things so there is connectivity needed for that but I haven't spent time debugging the delay issue, but as I think about it, it could be a zwave issue and not wifi. I don't have zigbee. It does not occur often so very intermittent.

I have a Rule that I run at night that turns off several lights, turns off the Hopper, locks the door and a few times that takes time to run (delay) or even does not complete (turned off some lights, but not all lights and didn't lock the door). That one seems like a zwave issue.

I was hoping this update may improve some of those types of issues that might be zwave related.

They might... and Alexa issues might be your wifi connection. But post your zwave details page if you'd like and let us take a communal gander.

I am up for that. What is the best way to capture the zwave details page?

Screen shot as an image file and post here... not quite the right subject for the thread but whatever

I just moved it back to the wifi extender so the RTT values and other data points are all reset.

while all that is helpful info, my first go-to is the routes column. Does everything have a route? If not, that can be an issue. Then I look at the RSSI. If the signal strength isn't in the mud (and even if it is), I look at RTT. Then the number of route changes. But missing routes indicate a ghost device, and those are... well.... goulish. (Apparently Autocorrect thinks that's a Hungarian meat dish.). But not uncommon, although hopefully less so with the new zwave firmware update.

Well her is what I currently have after moving back. I have a ranch house with a finished basement. The HE is located in the center of the house in the basement. I do have some devices in an external garage (North) which I know is weak but I did put in repeater devices trying to improve the signals to those devices. I have also followed the external antenna posts which I have considered but haven't moved forward with that yet.

Actually that mesh looks pretty good. I was expecting to find at least one ghost but I don't see any. I'd give it a bit and then look for any RSSIs that seem unusually low, and any RTT above a few MS... which devices are giving you issues?