Problem Updating to 2.3.1.129

Been trying to update from 2.3.0.124 to 2.3.1.129. I have two hubs, one which just connects a handful of z wave devices and one which has got absolutely everything on. At first, both had the same problem, the download would get to ~68% and then failed (in Chrome it says Download Failed, in Edge it verifies then acts like nothing happened).

Reading some other posts, I tried a reboot on both and the lesser used hub was upgraded immediately, the main hub still had the same problem.

I have since tried the soft reset and restore on there and still have the same issue. I have managed to revert to a previous version (2.2.9.146), but now am stuck on that, with the same issue.

I cant see anyone else logging this (on this version), so assume its just me. Any ideas what else I can try.

Thanks

Tagging @bobbyD @gopher.ny

1 Like

How long does it take to get to 68% point?
Also, if you PM me the hub id, I can take a closer look at hub's engineering logs. There may be some clues there.

1 Like

Most common incident I have seen when the download fails, is when the hub's internet connection is interrupted, most often users running mobile Broadband Internet experience this problem.

Running it on home broadband and seems to have been stable throughout, seems more like a timeout to me. On the hub that worked (when it worked), i could see the percentage jump out like 0 > 6 > 10, etc. On this one, I see it count up each percentage point with a hefty delay between each.

Thanks

Sorry to be dumb, how am I PMing you, I cant see an option.

It seems to take about 15/16 minutes to get to that. I have been watching it more closely as I was aware that 68 was always the last number I saw, but I have seen numbers between 71 up to 76 percent now, so its not always the same percentage. Said in a different reply, seems timeout-ish to me as it starts verifying the file, then shows failed. Pretty sure its not my broadband as I've had one work fine, this one has been reliably bad.

Check the upper right message notification. I PM'd you instead and added @gopher.ny

1 Like

Yeah, this seems like a timeout.
Please try going to Settings - Network and changing whatever value is there under Ethernet speed section. If it's fixed, please change it to auto and vice versa. Once changed, go ahead and try downloading update again.

4 Likes

Amazing, that seems to have done the trick, it was fixed, changed it to Auto, and it did a much faster count up, and is currently extracting. Will update again once finished

Thanks

3 Likes

Confirmed this sorted it. Went through in seconds.

3 Likes

Now run your z-wave firmware update!

1 Like