Update Fails Download

i'm having this problem with downloading updates, it takes forever and than it says download failed. I've tried different cables, rebooting, Different computer, Different browsers and nothing seems to help, Last update I was able to take after I hard reset the system, updated than restored a backup, this isn't the worst thing right now i'm still playing around with this thing, I've only got 2 z-wave devices that I've got to then add back to it, but than the next update comes and it's back to the same issue. any tips or hints? I've reached out to support but haven't gotten a response yet (it's been a couple days so far)

Tagging @bobbyD from Hubitat Support...

2 Likes

Hello there, sorry for the troubles. Is this your old hub that we already replaced or the new hub? I replied to your ticket as well. So, when you have a minute, please send us your hub's MAC address so we can further research.

Thanks @bobbyD I've been experimenting with the old hub as i was having the same problem with the new one, I full reset the new one (had alot of unused apps that I was trying out as well) and took the update and will slowly add my apps and devices back to see if I can figure out which one was causing the issue, I also will try a soft reset on the old hub and see if that allows the update to take than restore my backup

Thanks for clarification, I don't recommend "experimenting" any further with your old hub, as it has problems, that's why we replaced it. I see that your new hub had no problems updating to the most recent release. If you have any issues with your new hub, please let us know, and we will gladly look into it.

3 Likes

Hey @bobbyD, having the failed to download issue on the latest hot fix, Please take a look if you have a chance, i'm going to reboot the hub and try again.

Update Tried rebooting and installing update, no change in status

I am having this same challenge updating from .125 and .127

I too am unable to update from 2.16 to 2.17.... goes through "Verifying Download" and then to "Download Failed" many reboots and power resets and same result. I would appreciate any insights or ideas anyone might have. THANKS

what I did was backed up the Hub, did a soft reset (the one that doesn't loose devices) than was able to take the update and restore my backup (settings/apps etc) and continuing to hope that someone smarter than me can figure out what's causing it happen

1 Like

Tagging @bobbyD for this

1 Like

I am too unable to update from 2.1.7.127 to 2.1.8.117 with "Download Failed" error. I have tried a Soft Reset, Reset and then Update - still same error. I could try Update before Restore, but I'm not sure if it's possible to restore an older backup on to a newer version. Can anybody confirm?

I can't confirm about the restore, but I can confirm that I have the exact same problem (2.1.7.127 to 2.1.8.117) fails with Download Failed.

@bobbyD
My problem:

Currently running version: 2.1.7.118
New Version Available: 2.1.8.117

Takes forever to download (way slower than usual), then fails.

The first time the current version was restarted on the hub was 2019-12-05 according to the logs.

you can restore an old backup to the new version, so make a backup (and save to computer just in case) do the soft reset, update than restore the backup and you should be on the latest version with all your stuff

Success! I have done a soft reset and then upgrading without restoring from backup. It failed the first time, but on a second attempt to restore it succeeded. Then restored backup.

Did an explicit backup to my PC (I never trust the "onboard" just in case something goes wrong)

Had to find the instructions on how to do the soft reset first.

Found here:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

Did the upgrade (which went quickly as per usual), then restored the backup (from computer), no problem at all.

Looks like everything is there, so moving on!!! :slight_smile:

having this issue with my hub 2.2.0.121 to 2.2.0.122
so the only way to fix it is a soft reset ?

@bobbyD

came back to it 2hrs later, tried the update and its going through without the soft reset

I'm also experiencing this issue. I have only had 1 successful update since I got my C7 almost a year ago. Now it is really starting to concern me.

I've tried the backup/soft-reset recommended above, 3 times now. No luck.

2.2.4.158 to 2.2.6.137.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I have been trying to update my C7 Hubitat Firmware from 2.2.7.126 to 2.2.9.145 for a couple of weeks now. Like the others here, it takes a long time download, and then displays "Download Failed". I put in a Support Ticket which went nowhere.
I followed the instructions to Backup the Database, Soft-Reset, Update Firmware - but this is where it failed everytime.
This morning I got it to work succesfully, by physically pulling the Power plug out of the Hubitat for 10 seconds, after the Soft-Reset, before re-applying Power to the Hub, and then updating the Firmware, and restoring the Database.
Maybe this will work for you.

1 Like

Are you saying that you did a backup, THEN you did a soft reset, THEN you did the update, THEN you restored from that previous backup (even though it was from a different version of the software)?

I just want to check if that's what you actually did? I ask because I haven't been able to update for a long time (get the dreaded Download Failed error) and wondered if the above steps were a possibility?