Update 2.0 - My thoughts so far

Agreed. How about a setting to revert back to grouping component devices? I found it way easier to navigate my devices like that.

Added to like list

• device selection in apps are much improved
  • updating an input with submitOnChange:true no longer causes the distracting "screen blink" effect.

I overall like it ... my favorite is the loss of the refresh with every selection in the apps ... that is a beautiful thing.

Great job Hubitat.

(I do agree the font is a bit large). from 16px down to 12px would be sweet.

2 Likes

Agreed! And it remembers where I was in the device list or app list when I keep going back without having to scroll all the way back down...sometimes it's the little things.

And support for the Denon AVR! Nice!

However I still think the Jasco/GE switches with motion sensors need the custom commands opened up to use them in RM. Nice to be able to configure them via DH screen but still can't change the modes in RM. (unless I missed something)

And all my DH's linked to my github now...single source...yes.

1 Like

What are the component device groups? I don't recall this.

When a driver creates a child device, it's called a component of the parent driver. Similar to how apps can have child apps. Component devices were tabbed under the parent device essentially grouping them together. This is what my Virtual Container driver exploited.

Really enjoying the new update great job Hubitat team!

Is control for Pioneer receivers also going to be added in the future?

Looking good so far!! UI seems snappier.
Thank you for all your hard work!!

2 items from my wish list crossed off. UI login and z-wave info page last sent/last received column sorting. The UI visual is so much more visual appealing for sure. Great job on such a big change.

@cuboy29 I'm seeing the same.. I have 2 hubs, one at home, the other at work. The one at home appears to be fine (and has way more devices and apps). My work one though has like 5 devices and maybe 2 webcore pistons and crawls... Takes almost 15 minutes to load anything. Reboot seems to fix it for a few minutes, but it very obviously starts to big down and then crawl.

Nothing showing up in the logs or the dev console in the web browser either. The only thing I can think of is that at work I'm behind the corporate firewall and maybe it's timing out thinking something can talk directly to it from outside? Don't have any good explanations...

Of course, an hour after writing all that.. now its working fine... go figure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah.. mine started working normally again.

And with the HotFix Hammer the excellent HE team have turned my OP into all likes....well except for the font size...but that's the least of the lot.

Muchas Gracias :+1: :

2 Likes

Have you tried adding a custom RM command for these? I am traveling at the moment and haven’t been able to upgrade and verify with my motion switch. But have done this with my Ecobee to get those device specific commands available.

I like the "Last Modified" column in the Apps Code table, I hope it gets added to the Drivers Code table as well.

He's referring to device preference options, these are not exposed via commands.

So now that we can turn on logging for a rule. What about an "Events" button on the rule page to see them just like a device?

1 Like

Next release.

5 Likes

The more you give, the more we want. :smile:

Keep up the great work.

2 Likes

I love the new UI btw. This is great stuff!

1 Like