Update 2.0 - My thoughts so far

Things I like:

• +1000000 point for the new Import option for Device/App code. This makes updating apps to latest code fairly trivial. Not quite github integration (with diff and visual queues for updates) but a great improvement nonetheless.
  • The new Lock manager app is finally here.
  • User admin (no https though :slightly_frowning_face: )
  • Preference inputs cards that are laid out nicely now.
  • device selection in apps are much improved
  • updating an input with submitOnChange:true no longer causes the distracting "screen blink" effect.

Things I do not like:

• This one is probably a personal preference but I think the new font size is too large. Especially on mobile. It feels like the text is all squished together and there is quite a bit of word wrap that makes the interface feel "cluttered".
  • HOT FIXED - Component device de-grouping.

Minor issues:

• HOT FIXED - Logs search is case sensitive. Please make case independent.
  • HOT FIXED - Device and app list page do not remember their display types. I like the fact that they default based on browser type (mobile vs desktop) but it can be irritating to have to keep changing this setting after it reverts itself. Maybe a "remember this setting" checkbox?
4 Likes

Am I missing something...no update available? Or was it pulled?

I see no update either.

I like the lock code app.... but it's missing something I had in SmartThings. The ability to enable/disable a code via presence. If not home then enable otherwise disable it.

1 Like

Came home to this today. Zigbee showing offline. Chanel changed to 11 somehow (showing 11 anyway). Zigbee network state: DISABLED, it changed to UNINITIALIZED when I clicked on the update button.

Update: Reboot fixed it.

Are you guys seeing any issue with your hub after the update? My hub is intermittently slowing to a crawl when navigating around. Been sitting here waiting for this one rule to open.

This is the second times today already. Last time it did it, the zigbee network was showing offline after.

@bobbyD

Can't navigate anywhere. just loading and loading and loading... then eventually show "ZigBee Network Offline" then things move at normal speed again then the "Zigbee network offline" message disappeared.

Agreed. I really liked the grouping in the devices display list.

I also agree...

No complaints from me! I'm digging all of the changes so far, especially the UI enhancements. Keep up the good work Hubitat team! :sunglasses: :hugs:

1 Like

For some reason, I always had a difficult time selecting the correct blue 'i' for the app settings. Hubitat, thank you for considering the needs of your "challenged" user. :crazy_face:

1 Like

I agree about the font size.

I like we can see the status of devices in the list.

The Onkyo device driver is amazing, but it has a "mute" button and a seperate "unmute" button. Which will cause me to create a rather complex series of rules in order to map 'em both to a single physical button. Not a huge deal, but worth mentioning.

The Jasco Motion Dimmer/Switch updates are on point and I know a lot of us have been waiting (im)patiently for those. :+1:

The GUI is otherwise super slick. And I'm looking forward to where the Import Code functionality leads next.

Yeah, RM and BC have play/pause and mute toggles for mediaPlayer devices, no reason we couldn't add the audioVolume capability and provide a mute toggle for that in those two apps.

1 Like

Agreed. How about a setting to revert back to grouping component devices? I found it way easier to navigate my devices like that.

Added to like list

• device selection in apps are much improved
  • updating an input with submitOnChange:true no longer causes the distracting "screen blink" effect.

I overall like it ... my favorite is the loss of the refresh with every selection in the apps ... that is a beautiful thing.

Great job Hubitat.

(I do agree the font is a bit large). from 16px down to 12px would be sweet.

2 Likes

Agreed! And it remembers where I was in the device list or app list when I keep going back without having to scroll all the way back down...sometimes it's the little things.

And support for the Denon AVR! Nice!

However I still think the Jasco/GE switches with motion sensors need the custom commands opened up to use them in RM. Nice to be able to configure them via DH screen but still can't change the modes in RM. (unless I missed something)

And all my DH's linked to my github now...single source...yes.

1 Like

What are the component device groups? I don't recall this.

When a driver creates a child device, it's called a component of the parent driver. Similar to how apps can have child apps. Component devices were tabbed under the parent device essentially grouping them together. This is what my Virtual Container driver exploited.

Really enjoying the new update great job Hubitat team!

Is control for Pioneer receivers also going to be added in the future?

Looking good so far!! UI seems snappier.
Thank you for all your hard work!!