Unresponsive hub with solid blue light

Please provide your hub model (C7, C8, etc.) and its platform version from Settings>Hub Details.

Check out the following post for help troubleshooting problems and gathering details that will help others to identify and solve the problem you are experiencing: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

I have a C8. I have been away for a month and when I came home the hub had a solid blue light and I couldn’t access it. I tried the factory reset and it didn’t work. Any ideas?

How did you try a factory reset if you can't access it?

Did you try a network reset? Hold the button on the bottom for a few seconds until the LED blinks and the hub reboots.

If you router shows you connected devices, is the hub listed? If so, you should be able to get to the Diagnostic Tool for future troubleshooting.

2 Likes

What exactly did you do?

1 Like
  1. Turn the hub over and locate the recessed round button just beneath the surface of the case (pictured below).
    Hub reset button, located on bottom of hub models C-5 and later
  2. Use the point of a paper clip (or other small, blunt object) to press and hold this button for at least 7 seconds.
  3. When the LED on the front of the hub blinks, release the button. The hub will begin rebooting and turn blue after a few seconds. After a few minutes, the LED should return to green, at which point the hub has finished rebooting and should again be accessible.

Also .. you can power off the hub for 30-90 seconds and reboot it ?

Let's wait and see what he's actually done/tried so far... :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I haven’t done the hard reset. I will try that today. I only went to the 8081 port to do the reset.

OK I did the hard reset, waited for 10 minutes and the light is still a solid blue.

How did you do this? What was the procedure used?

2 Likes

The one described above. Found the button underneath the unit, pressed it for 10 seconds, watched it blink and then reboot, then it stayed on the blue.

That’s a network reset button. Not a hard reset.

OK. So is there a way to reset the box or is it just bricked?!

Can you get to : http://IP-OF-HUB:8081 < ??
example : http://192.168.50.126:8081
Also : How did you try a factory reset if you can't access it?

If you can access the Diagnostic Tool, it may be rescuable. Follow the instructions in the Hubitat Documentation (linked below) to access the Diagnostic Tool and then perform a Soft Reset.

If you cannot access the Diagnostic Tool, then your hub is bricked.

I cannot access the network port. The hub is less than a year old. Can I get a replacement or am I stuck?

Would be nice if you answered the questions we ask.
Please answer all questions posted !

1. Did you try : Can you get to : http://IP-OF-HUB:8081] ???
    1b. what is the current IP of your hub ??? it may have changed !

2. How did you try a factory reset if you can't access it?

3. Are you using WIFI or a network cable ?

4. Maybe @bobbyD or @support_team < Can see if they can see it using the MAC address? or Hub UID

I am sorry, I thought I answered your questions. I tried to get to the network port. Not only did I try to go to the one originally identified, but I looked for new ones on the client list of my network hub. It is not there. There is no accessing my habitat from the network. I can not find a way to go to port 8081 because the hubitat is not registering on the network. This is why I was hoping for a local reset. I mistook your network reset for a factory reset.

You can get a free replacement if:

1. Your hub is less than 90 days old
    or
  2. You have a Hub Protect extended warranty on your hub.

Please send me a private message along with your hub id. A blue led and no ability to access the Diagnostic Tool is very odd and unlikely you'd be able to recover. Would like to learn more about your issue.

2 Likes

AFAIK, not if the LED is blue.

2 Likes