Underwhelmed and Overwhelmed (I couldn't look at Underwelmed any longer) all Welcomed

no, unless the OP reported seeing this in his logs:

Limit Exceeded Exception, Event Queue is Full

And AFAIK that wasn't reported...

Imperihome used to connect locally to the Vera, but the last time I tried it, you have to create an Imperihome cloud account, which you then give credentials to so it can log into your Vera via their cloud connection service. I didn't feel comfortable putting my Vera creds in the hands of someone else. Is it still like that?

OFF TOPIC but since you mentioned this !

Finally, a reason to dabble with a few bulbs. Switches for groups of bulbs made sense to me, an array of individual bulbs not so much. ...But... a few key bulbs to be "in my face" when some condition of concern is met, now that's useful (and probably "old hat" for 80% of the folk in the Community) :crazy_face:

What does this mean? Please provide some specifics.

As Mike said, there were no changes at all in 2.1.9 to Groups.

@bravenel if you have questions about the specifics that I wrote in the post I linked under the text you quoted, it would probably make sense to be more specific about what you want to know and post the questions there...

When I started this thread it was intended just to complain in a generally way.
The post this relates to this problem is here. Suddenly Inconsistent and the answer is:
No, I did not report seeing "Limit Exceeded Exception, Even Queue is Full" because I did not know to look for it until @waynespringer79 post. I will tonight (I wonder when the logs rotate...) and follow up on Suddenly Inconsistent.

Ah, so this isn't really something about Group at all.

The Limit Exceeded Exception has to do with certain types of devices that can basically spam a lot of events, so it's probably not related to your problems.

I'm not sure I see what you mean. The root of cause here might be The Limit Exceeded Exception (TBD) but it is interfering with the Group functionality. Wouldn't that make it "about Group?"

Well, no. If you have a device spamming your hub, that would not have anything to do with Group. That would have something to do with the device or its driver.

2 Likes

While I 100% agree with you, there's no sensor that can actively determine when I'm in the bedroom and want the lights to go off so I can go to sleep--or not, because I'm reading or folding clothes or whatever. So dashboards and a fast UI for them become critical.

Or a simple button.

2 Likes

You don't use toasters or microwaves? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: While I get what you're saying, it totally depends on the use case.

1 Like

Sad huh? :smiley: I need 4 sets of those sensors too. :slight_smile:

I agree that there are cases that don't automate smoothly. For me, Pico is the answer. It's true that I have Echo's everywhere that have a Pico, but none of us here seem to find that faster than a Pico in an an extremely handy spot.

2 Likes

We have a lot of picos, but for some reason every time we put them in the bedroom they disappear/get lost. Just a practical life thing for us. And while we do have voice response in the house we've declined to let people listen in the bedroom :wink:

This does lead to good laughs when we get spam claiming to have video of us we wouldn't want released. If someone were capable of p0wning our cameras, they could only release camera footage of our dogs asleep on their beds :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Just an idea, in case you haven't tried these yet... :wink:

I attach my 'loose' pico remotes to the optional stand. It is nicely weighted so it stays put on the nightstands.

https://www.amazon.com/Caseta-Wireless-Pedestal-Remote-L-PED1-WH/dp/B003WGU2MU/ref=asc_df_B003WGU2MU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167127504138&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9976862635889808453&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010076&hvtargid=pla-306055095968&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Caseta-Wireless-Dual-Pedestal-Remote-L-PED2-WH/dp/B005EMR8JU/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lutron+pedestal&qid=1583098440&sr=8-2

3 Likes

I have Pico's stuck (using Command tape) to the Headboards. So far, none lost. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yea how many people loose their headboards????

5 Likes

And if so, video links... :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Actually with a lot of work it is possible. Two pressure plates in the bed, a motion sensor under the bed (measuring movement of feet around the bed).
Or two good placed radar sensors above the bed and a general motion sensor for the whole room.
If you want it hard enough it is definitely possible. If it's worth the hassle is up to you :joy:

1 Like

We have a few. At first we really liked them, but after having quite a few around (plus the wallmote quads) we've lately been moving towards not having the clutter. I think our end goal is to have a smart home that no guest could identify is a smart home :wink:

As regards the bed, we just couldn't find a placement that worked for both of us... even with separate controls, let us wake up from having snoozed off while reading and turn off the lights without having to reposition our bodies. Totally a comfort issue. Lots of solutions, the only one we love is phone/tablet buttons.