Underwhelmed and Overwhelmed (I couldn't look at Underwelmed any longer) all Welcomed

Sad huh? :smiley: I need 4 sets of those sensors too. :slight_smile:

I agree that there are cases that don't automate smoothly. For me, Pico is the answer. It's true that I have Echo's everywhere that have a Pico, but none of us here seem to find that faster than a Pico in an an extremely handy spot.

2 Likes

We have a lot of picos, but for some reason every time we put them in the bedroom they disappear/get lost. Just a practical life thing for us. And while we do have voice response in the house we've declined to let people listen in the bedroom :wink:

This does lead to good laughs when we get spam claiming to have video of us we wouldn't want released. If someone were capable of p0wning our cameras, they could only release camera footage of our dogs asleep on their beds :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Just an idea, in case you haven't tried these yet... :wink:

I attach my 'loose' pico remotes to the optional stand. It is nicely weighted so it stays put on the nightstands.

https://www.amazon.com/Caseta-Wireless-Pedestal-Remote-L-PED1-WH/dp/B003WGU2MU/ref=asc_df_B003WGU2MU/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167127504138&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9976862635889808453&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9010076&hvtargid=pla-306055095968&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/Caseta-Wireless-Dual-Pedestal-Remote-L-PED2-WH/dp/B005EMR8JU/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=lutron+pedestal&qid=1583098440&sr=8-2

3 Likes

I have Pico's stuck (using Command tape) to the Headboards. So far, none lost. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yea how many people loose their headboards????

5 Likes

And if so, video links... :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Actually with a lot of work it is possible. Two pressure plates in the bed, a motion sensor under the bed (measuring movement of feet around the bed).
Or two good placed radar sensors above the bed and a general motion sensor for the whole room.
If you want it hard enough it is definitely possible. If it's worth the hassle is up to you :joy:

1 Like

We have a few. At first we really liked them, but after having quite a few around (plus the wallmote quads) we've lately been moving towards not having the clutter. I think our end goal is to have a smart home that no guest could identify is a smart home :wink:

As regards the bed, we just couldn't find a placement that worked for both of us... even with separate controls, let us wake up from having snoozed off while reading and turn off the lights without having to reposition our bodies. Totally a comfort issue. Lots of solutions, the only one we love is phone/tablet buttons.

@bobbyD I think we need to consider doing away with all the community categories. We NEVER stick to the original topic and some get so far away from the first post it doesn't make sense when you get towards the bottom. This one started very seriously and ended up . . . well here.

3 Likes

Guilty as charged, your honor.

@bobbyD A feature that some forums have is the ability to reply to a post while creating a new thread. That would certainly make it easier to keep focus, and avoid long entanglements.

There are Categories?

Well I never noticed. :smiley: (j/k)

4 Likes

I do not own either. always felt the best use of microwave is baked potatoes, which for that application are the best. As a diabetic, potatoes and bread are off my diet.
Anyway as I live alone and the dashboard is not used hardly at all (trying to get back on topic)

1 Like

Have you re-read the first post? :wink:

This is already there. :slight_smile:

When you are in a reply, if you click the icon shown in this screenshot, you have the option to "Reply as linked topic," which will make a new topic but also put a link to it back in the current topic.

5 Likes

Kinda thought I was responding to bullet point #2.

:man_facepalming: Indeed it is. I completely overlooked it. Thank you.

Not that it matters, but Vera is definitely not a Chinese company. Vera is a US company that is a subsidiary of EZlo which is a US company. Their development team(s) are based in the US and eastern Europe (mainly Romania)...

1 Like

No. Your point was... French infrastructure = good, chinese infrastructure = bad... and hubitat should adopt Imperihome.

You example was Vera is Chinese, which is incorrect... Yes, MIOS had a sales office in Hong Kong... But saying that it is a Chinese company is like saying that Citroen is a Chinese company because it has a sales office and partnerships in China.

And the Vera infrastructure is Amazon AWS in the US for North American and Europe for rest-of-world.

Nothing changes my point that an ISS API would result in a more elegant mobile interface with less effort than trying to polish up the current crude HE app. Your argument should be directed to the fellow who said he is concerned about giving his creds to others. That's not my concern or interest. As long as you feel better at having "won" your bout.... then I'm done here. Move along.

Did everyone take aggressive pills today? I read posts like this and it gets me going. My first reaction is to respond negatively as well. I'm really trying to be a better person and not react negatively to anything. :innocent:

13 Likes