Unboxing experience

Just to say that I got my C8 as Christmas present and the unboxing experience is much better than it was when I got my original C4 and my C7s.

It looks a lot nicer and seems to be all recyclable materials.

Doesn't mean much to me (other than the recyclable part), however I know it does mean something to most people.

So we'll done @Hubitat_Staff .

Can't wait to set it up later and see what the first time experience is like as I haven't seen that for a long time. Unfortunately it will have to wait till later or tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone :evergreen_tree: :santa:t2: :slightly_smiling_face::deer:

22 Likes

Keep us posted on progress. I've been toying with the idea of a C8.

I'm a bit nervous because my C7 is pretty reliable.

Don't fix what's not broken springs to mind but i'm eager to upgrade. However I have a few Aqara sensors which are currently rock solid with my IKEA Tradfri outlet repeaters. I'm conscious that these may drop off the mesh and rapidly decrease WAF.

Does anyone have experience of C8 and Aqara being reliable?

1 Like

so there seems to be a issue on this page.

it never finds it but you click advanced.

and boom it's there straight away

1 Like

This sounds similar, could the HE hub have temporarily lost Internet connection? Did you set a static IP address in your router?

Yes it all reserved into the old ones slot.

Hmmm.. My networking skills aren't perfect... could you need to refresh your local cache on your PC / laptop? E.g. try restarting your PC / laptop?

i gone past that and migrated, i'm only trying to record my experience as if im a new user. However as a existing user its not going well.

My app is showing errors. signed out logged back in, cleared cache logged back in still can't get to my devices back up.

Google home opened app and done through it no luck both built in and comunity. On the community i got a new key but its the same.

HD+ issues with cloud.

Hub mesh was nice and easy.

I know, we do have high expectations... :wink:

Jokes aside.... Where are you at now... Are you still experiencing the issues you mention? If so, may be worth taking stock of where you are at, all the stuff we tell others to capture, but, well, at least for me, groan when we have to do ourselves...

Platform version... Screenshots of logs... More detailed steps taken when troubleshooting... etc... Sorry, can't make it easier from down here... Pick something small but significant that may have a chance of solving other issues.

So just got sorted on a few things.

1st with the HD+ app i had to create a new token, then i copied my back up txt file to a text editor and manually edited the token and the cloud token to the new ones. re saved to the hub, did this for each device backup. Then eventually managed to get the app connected and restored the backup.

Hubitat own app i have no idea what went on there but my wife just selected the new hub selected her device and all good.

The re tried mine and it worked and i did the same, the error that it gave me before was complete garbage.

1 Like

Glad to hear you got them sorted.

So, in particular, in the App, sounds like you just needed to log into the new hub...

No that's what it should have been but it didn't work for me at 1st. Although what i did do this morning after i had issues was reboot and i ticked the box to rebuild my database so maybe that's what cleaned it up?

Google home

Hmmm... I probably can't help here in terms of my own experience... The hub I migrated was one I don't often connect to, so there is every chance I rebooted at some stage before connecting, or just did not put too much weight behind any temporary issues I may have had.

Might be one for @bobbyD to take a look at with the support team in the new year.

Ok, maybe I'm just here for moral support at this point... :slight_smile: I don't have GH installed on my Lighting hub I migrated from C-7 to C-8. May need to renew a token somewhere to make this one work. But like some of the earlier stumbling blocks, may be something that needs to be added to the notes.

1 Like