Unable to connect Hubitat C-7

TL;DR

Unable to connect new Hubitat C-7.

Full Version

New user here. Just got my HE C7 today, trying to connect to it for the first time, having some difficulties, similar to those described in this message.

When attempting to connect my hubitat, I am unable to autodiscover or discover by MAC address. I am able to discover it when I scan my LAN (if using Firefox, but not with Chrome), but when I attempt to connect to it I get the following:

System details are:

• Hubitat C-7, static IP assigned
  • Software: hub-2.2.4.158
  • Firewalla Gold router (Hubitat connected directly to router)
  • Have attempted from Linux, Android, and Windows

I've created a rule on my firewall to specifically allow traffic to/from all local networks from all local addresses.

Can you connect to http://172.27.201.5:8081 ?

Yes - no issues connecting to port 8081.

What’s the LED color?

Blue, which is what it's supposed to be for a C-7 if I'm reading everything correctly. Is that right?

No - should be green. Blue indicates the platform is not loaded.

You should contact Hubitat support. Tagging @bobbyD.

1 Like

So this is what I'm reading from the homepage, when I first login, before I connect:

The hub will power on and a blue LED should light up on the front. After about a minute, the LED will turn green (model C-5 only). This indicates the Hub is now on your network and ready to get started.

Or should "model C-5 only" be read as "model C-5 and newer?"

This.

Models before the C-5 (C-3 and C-4) didn’t turn green.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

I think there is a way for the end user to force a platform download and reload, but Hubitat support would know for sure.

2 Likes

Hi @DarthBob

I was the OP in the thread you linked, my C7 hub had a blue light, this meant the platform was not loaded correctly as others have pointed out, I was told by support there was no way to recover from the condition my hub had, I would do as others have said contact support and they will help you get up and running as even although the symptoms may be the same it could well be that you have a different issue from what I had.

I had to have a new hub shipped to me by hubitat support and it was quite a quick turn around, best to conact them as they might be-able to get it up and running and if they cant then they will get a new hub shipped to you if it was bought new and you have proof of purchase.

2 Likes

Another thing to mention is when you load into the recovery screen check the ~MAC addresses matches what is printed on the sticker, thinking back to the time I the hub would not accept the mac as authetication and I found when I accessed the recovery the mac was different from what was printed on the sticker, see below:

I will take that advice - thanks.

I'm actually taking the MAC from the Firewalla's static address allocation, so I didn't have any difficulties with it authenticating when I logged into port 8081. That's actually how I came across your initial post - I googled hubitat firewalla gold, thinking there might be an interaction between the two, and that there might be a firewall rule I needed to put in place. Like you, I had also already tried putting that device into emergency mode, to turn off all rules and put it right on the network, with no success.

Thanks!

yea its was not down to the firewalla gold but more so an issue with the hubitat itself, but does sound like your issue is slightly different from mines.

The MAC in Firewalla was always showing the correct mac that the lobel had, just I couldnt authenticate on the recovery screen and you cn see from above screenshot the mac is different from the label, hope support fix it for you as its a great hub.

Ya - they 100% match.

I started out with SmartThings, debated between the two, but went with ST. Now I wish I hadn't. ST works well for me, but have suffered through some outages. It seemed to be more plug-and-play, which I like, since I'm in IT and spend my days in endless configuration; I don't like spending my nights doing it as well. I'm looking forward to getting everything moved over. Fortunately, I'm fairly new in my SmartHome journey, so I don't have a huge amount to port. :slight_smile:

Thanks to @bobbyD for his assistance! Once I got his instructions from support, I was connected inside of 5 minutes. Now to wait til the end of the workday to start playing... :rofl:

Thanks all for the assist.

5 Likes

Could someone please list the steps that @bobbyD gave to get you running?
It's Friday New Years Day and I probably won't hear from them before Monday

Thanks