Unable to add kasa ep25 EM smart plug

I’m using the built in kasa integration. I’m able to scan and device shows up to be added but won’t install. Device is the Kasa ep25 EM smart plug. I get this message in log.

2023-12-19 12:27:19.460 AMwarnKasa Integration: addDevice: [status:failedToAdd, label:Christmas Light, driver:kasaSmart_plug_em, ip:192.168.68.57, errorMsg:com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'kasaSmart_plug_em' in namespace 'davegutBuiltin' not found]

Any help would be appreciated. On a side note I have the older kasa em smart plug and is working great. Thanks

This is a new issue based changes in the Kasa production of new plugs. (OUCH)

TP-Link has made a changes to HW Version 2.6 (and later) making the device incompatible with the standard integration. Reference: 'EP25 is no longer supported · Issue #30027 · home-assistant/home-assistant.io · GitHub'

Can you provide me with the specific model and hardware version of you plug (from the Kasa Phone App).

In an attempt for a quick fix, look at this community Integration (developed for the newer Matter Kasa devices and Tapo devices which are also not supported by the current integration). I am the author of both. Please, LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKS.

Dave

@gopher.ny : For your situational awareness.

3 Likes

Thank you Dave for the reply. These are the plugs I bought

Limited-time deal: Kasa Smart Plug Mini 15A, Apple HomeKit Supported, Smart Outlet Works with Siri, Alexa & Google Home, UL Certified, App Control, Scheduling, Timer, 2.4G WiFi Only, (Pack of 4) (EP25P4), White Amazon.com

I found a work around for now. I can integrate them with the user kasa integration. For the built in, it will show up in scan but install a null. Hopefully in future updates it will work. Also Dave, I recent switch over to the built in kasa integration and a couple of my kasa device have become unresponsive here and there. I would have to remove and re-add them. Is this a known issue? Thanks

That is the same as using the Tapo integration I suggested. The user Kasa Integration is also deprecated. BUT if it works, it works.

Dave

If you used the previous Migrate function (several versions ago), that is a possible result. The latest version does not have the migrate capability to avoid this.

Most likely cause is an ip change from your router. DHCP reservations usually preclude this; however, router change-outs can re-introduce the problem. A configure command or simple open app and rediscover the devices will solve this on the latest versions.