Unable to access Dashboard on Mobile App outside home network

@Ryan780

Still not 100% were to really look to find. Never been this deep in the HE app.

Go to you apps list in the Hubitat GUI by clicking on apps in the left-side menu. Then click on one of the dashboard apps. If is where you have to go to add/remove devices from the dashboard.

See, my dashboard "Main" is shown there.

I thought you had to make a dashboard for each room you have devices in?

Could try toggling the remote switch?

Could you router be blocking outbound or inbound traffic?

Where did you get that idea?!? You can make as many or as few dashboards as you want and you can include whatever devices you want.

But can we stick to one issue at a time? Can you find your apps list?

No, that isn't it. The hub establishes a connection with the cloud servers when it starts up. That keeps the connection initiated from the hub, not the cloud.

Its meant to be local so doesn't HAVE to have a external connection??

If you want to use a cloud dashboard it does....which is what the original question is about. It would be kinda silly to try to access a cloud dashboard if your hub wasn't connected to the internet. And if it can't access the cloud, you would get a little notification in the upper right corner of the GUI.

Hence the question could his router be blocking and causing the issue

Do you have

@Ryan780

Clicking on the Dashboard gear.

NO! Click on the name of the dashboard. Click on 2nd floor hallway. Not the gear icon, the actual dashboard.

What is outlined in green is how you access the app. How have you been editing any apps on your system if you don't even know how to access them?

Sorry...

Now click advanced......

1 Like

Now, you want to do that for the dashboard you are trying to access from the cloud that you cannot.

Also, you need to clean up your dashboards a little to only include the devices that you are displaying on them. When you have "include all devices" checked, whenever you load the dashboard, the app loads all of the attributes for all of the included devices into memory, just in case it needs them. So, if you have 100 devices, it's going to take 5-10 seconds for all of that to load for you. So, #1, i would rethink having so many dashboards and #2, make sure to only include necessary devices in the app, #3 make sure you have cloud access enabled. Then check and see if you can access the cloud dashboard.

1 Like

Thanks....

I was under the impression that a "Dashboard" was like creating "Rooms" in SmartThings.

You create a Room (dashboard) then add the devices. When you want to access that device you open the room (dashboard).

No. It does absolutely nothing except create the dashboard.

No, this is not true at all. There are no rooms in Hubitat. I have 4 dashboards. One for sensors, one for "maintenance" type stuff, one for notifications and one for all my normally controlled devices. All my devices are on one big dashboard.

1 Like

You certainly can use a dashboard for each room if you like. No problem. I've been thinking of going that route too. But for other use cases like Ryan states, it may be better to group devices into a page by function (such as weather, battery condition, motion, etc). The great think here is it's completely up to you.

One thing I'm looking at at the moment, is having an image of my property plan as a background image with a large grid size and then laying motion sensors over the top in their approximate position. So it's a kinda room-based view. It's looking like a really nice panel already (this is just a test mock-up)...

So there are many cool ways to use dashboards. Try this link to get some good ideas...

2 Likes

3 Likes