Ultraloq U-Bolt zwave 700 lock

Yeah if you connect the wire between the keypad and the knob you can probably pair without installing the lock first. I was able to pair the lock on a different floor as the hub with no problems.

1 Like

I finally got this installed. Didn't take very long and it works much better than my old monoprice one. No pain in pairing, easiest lock pairing to date (for me anyway). This one won over the Wyze lock since it can integrate into HE.

Hey, I have one question of clarification as I am planning to by this lock to use with my HE. Which application do you use to enroll the fingerprint for users? Is it the U-Tec app or the HE app?

You have to use the U-Tec app or the keypad on the lock to enroll fingerprints. You can't do it from HE.

ok thanks much for clarifying!!

I see it was answered, but I'll do it just to agree. There is no Hubitat Ultra-loq driver per se. So while Hubitat can know if it is locked or not, it can't tell you who did it. I did some limited integration like if I double click my Inovelli red dimmer twice up it turns on the hall light and unlocks the door. If I double click it down it unlocks the door and then turns that light off 3 seconds later.

I guess my honeymoon with the ultraloq is over, today it decided it didn't want to be in the network anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Reboot of hub didn't fix the route so I will try a battery pull when I get home.

I bought one and set it up yesterday. Install was a breeze and I really like the quality of the lock. I also like the physcial key and that they use a schlage key so it's easy to rekey the cyclinder to my other locks. I was noticing some elay when putting lock actions in rules, but i did some cleanup of ghost devices and ill report back with my findings. If this behaves well with zwave, it's a keeper

1 Like

Battery pull did the trick. The led blinked when I was moving the battery cover so there might be some play within the housing that loosened the battery. Door opening and closing might have worked one or more of battery loose.

I notice the lock reporting battery every 5 minutes. Is this the driver polling or the actual lock reporting in? Seems like a waste of battery.

Seems to be the lock reporting in. I'm seeing the same with my own custom driver that does not poll.

Thanks for looking. It's still reporting at 100% after about a month of light use, already better than the one it replaced.

Has anyone been successful with the "Sync users from Z-Wave hub" option on the U-Tec app? I know that this might be a question for U-Tech Support but I thought that I would ask here first..

Everything else works fine except for this option..I successfully created the users in Lock Manager on HE and want to import them to U-Tec App so I can enroll the finger prints..

1 Like

Yeah that doesn't work for me either. I contacted support a few months ago about it and they never got back to me about it. You should also email their support too so they know more people are having this problem.

I don't know about lock manager, but I was able to add a user/code from HE. What is annoying is that it added that user as an admin account and the name I added through HE didn't show up. FWIW.

will definitely do!! That is a key component which doesn't work and needs to be addressed.

I am talking about the Lock Code Manager App in HE..

I understand. You can do it from the device detail page. Again, I have no idea about the lock manager app.

The two do essentially the same thing so it's interesting that it's working for you. I've tried adding a code in the device detail page and it's not importing into the U-tec app. What's your lock's firmware version?

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately the lock doesn't store the name of the lock codes (I don't think Z-Wave supports that) so the name you set in HE won't show up in the U-tec app.

1 Like